Chapter 7: Movement

Kazuto's POV

<December 19, 2024>

"Testing is going really well. My daughter can't wait for it to be completed," Sugou Takemiya said.

"I'm surprised it's you who's visiting me, not her," I replied.

"Kotone has school."

"Makes sense."

I sat on the bed facing away from Sugou.

"You might want to reconsider your chances," Sugou said.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Look, I'm not proud of what I'm doing. I plan to turn myself in after Kotone does her stuff with my research. I also don't support what Kotone wants to do with you."

Sugou handed me a small slip of paper with numbers on it and directions.

"This is the code to the door. The directions lead to a master console inside the facility. Keep this hidden," he directed, "I also have a small flaw in your memory. If you find it, exploit it."

"Thanks," I said while putting it behind my mirror.

He glanced to the top left of his screen.

"I have to go pick up Kotone. Pretend this conversation never happened," he said while accessing his main menu.

He logged off and it was just me in the birdcage.

Asuna's POV

I logged on at 9:50 am. The bar filled my vision. Yui was sitting on my right shoulder. I spent all night leveling up all of my gear.

"Wow, seems like you were up all night," someone commented.

I turned around and saw Ichika's avatar standing there.

"Yeah, but now I'm pretty broke," I said.

She led me to a table and we sat down across from each other. I took Yui off of my shoulder and placed her on the table with some bread.

"So what's with the pixie?" she asked.

"It's just Yui," I responded.

Yui was still eating the slice of bread.

"How'd you get her?" Ichika asked.

"Well...She's..." I started.

"She's your what?"

"My Daughter."

"Your daughter?! Jeez, you keep on coming out with surprises Asuna. But how though, pixies are AI."

"I'll tell you about it later."

I grabbed a cup of water from the table and took a sip. A chime indicated the addition of a new item on the bill.

"This bill's going to be hefty," Ichika sighed.

I looked at the bill and it was around 450 Yrds. I looked at my inventory and I only had 100 Yrds.

"I don't have enough money to pay for it," I sighed.

"No worries," Ichika said.

She took the bill and paid for it.

"Thanks," I said.

"No problem," she responded.

We left the bar and looked out to the sky.

"So what's next?" I asked.

"The Legrue Corridor," Ichika responded.

"What's there?"

"The quickest way to the World Tree."

"Okay."

I took off from Sylvain and waited for Ichika. She caught up to me after a few minutes of waiting.

"You got to hold your horses, you still need to stock up on potions," she said while handing some to me.

"Oh thanks," I said.

"Come on, if we want to save your friend, we got to go."

"Okay."

We flew onward to the Legrue Corridor.