Chapter 15:Memories

The entire week flew by. Josh tried to talk to me but I kept avoiding him. I didn't want to see him. In fact I didn't need him. I don't need anyone. I'm fine by myself...

All alone.

It was Saturday. FINALLY. My race was tonight and I took my baby for a car wash. The blog guy spoke to me almost every night and I think it was safe to call him a friend but then everyone just pretends so honestly I don't know.

I feel a hand on my shoulder which makes me turn around really quickly.

"Josh?"

"Ashley, hey you Okay?"

His eyes were soft and he had a very gentle touch.

I remain silent and look down. I mean how can he ask me that?

"Relax, no need to punch me or anything I'm just checking up on you."

"Josh, would you do something for me?"

"Yes, ofcourse"

He looks at me with pity. Which I hated! He always did that for some awkward reason.

"PISS OFF!!"

I can almost see the hurt on his face but I didn't give a fuck. I mean he didn't think about how hurt I would be if he posted that picture and then he pretended to be my friend. Seriously, that is not okay.

He gets into his car and races off. Asshole didn't deserve that car. Why did he come wash his car here? Isn't he like rich and stuff. I thought to myself.

"She's all done. "

The guy washing my car says which makes me get in and drive home. I had about 45 minutes to get done before the race began. I take a quick shower, throw on a ripped skinny jeans and my black hoodie. I put on black takkies and I decide to throw on a little make up. I make a black,grey,silver Smokey eye and curl my hair. I actually look good.

I finished way earlier then I expected so I grab my keys and drive to one of my favourite places. The city looks amazing,beautiful tall buildings,fresh air, it was perfect. I reach the building and go to the 50th floor which was the highest and also the roof top.

I sit down and look down at the city.

I close my eyes...

Why not Bro?? Are you a scarey cat? I giggle as I tease Andrew about his fear for heights. Come on, I'll hold your hand. Ashley,"I'm going to kill you."

"Come get me."I say with a smirk on my face.

Andrew smiles and takes baby steps towards me.

"Ash this is a terrible place, how can you like it? It's way too high."

"Andy I can see everything from up here,It's AMAZING!"

I say and Spin.

I was so happy,so peaceful, so safe. Everything was okay back then. I guess rainbows do not last forever right. They start fading sooner or later. I felt like I was fading. I was becoming this cold hearted person I was afraid I would become.

I open my eyes and realize that it's just a memory. Which brings tears to my eyes. Gosh, I miss my family alot.

I stay there for a few minutes and then I get going.

I reach the tracks and go sign up.

The lady from the last time was there,she looked a little happier this time. Well, that's good I guess.

"You, I remember you."

"Hello.", I say.

"New comers only need to sign up don't worry little girl, let's hope you kick their asses again!"

She was kind of creepy. Anyway I smile at her and there's actually some time left before the race begins so I go grab myself a coffee.

I see Josh, wearing a black ripped jeans with a white t shirt that hugged his body in all the right places. I hate the fact that he could make my hormones jump really high. That made me wonder, why was he always here? Does he race too? He does not seem like one who would be interested in illegal races. Guess I will have to find out what his doing here.

I see a tall man with tattoos walking towards Josh. A slightly shorter one next to him who was way more ripped. "Meet Josh, one of the organizers of this amazing street race." I hear the tattoo guy tell the ripped guy.

Gosh, does my life get any better?

The race is about to begin and we all get in our cars and start the engines. I was so excited, did I mention that driving is one of my stress relievers.

I put the accelerator down when I hear the fireworks. The excitement building up in my chest, the happiness running through me that's just how much I love racing.

This race is about 3 laps and I was on the final one. I win it as usual, I see everyone surround my car. The host announces that I won.

"Give it up for Ashley Greene,I don't know what's happening to you guys but y'all sure need to catch a wake up. A girl won two times in a row! Come on y'all she really deserves that round of applause." The host announces.

The crowd goes wild and they all make some noise for me.

"Josh will now hand over the price to Ashley. The price of 10 000 dollars. Whooo make some noise y'all."

Why him? I thought to myself.

I see Josh walk up to me with a slight smirk on his face. Ugh, I say and roll my eyes.

"Why, you?" I ask him.

"Well I am one of the fund raisers.I did not know you were into racing. That's awesome!"

"Thanks" I say and grab the bag from him.

"Look Ashley, what do I have to do to make you forgive me?"

I swing the bag of cash over my shoulder, walk up to him. I move alot closer to him until my lips touch his ear.I hear him let out a sigh and swallow hard.

I whisper, "You can go to hell Josh Peterson."

I give him the biggest smirk ever and walk away from him as quickly as I can. Gosh, I hate him!