nineteen

"Welcome home Innie!"

Confetti flew at him, causing him to close his eyes and swat at the air before they engulfed him in a tight hug.

Jeongin was over the moon when he got discharged from the hospital but he had been slightly disappointed when he woke up to an empty bed, Hyunjin having had left for an early morning photoshoot.

He was even more upset when no one had come to pick him up from the hospital, leaving him to go back on his own, his fox plushie in hand because he didn't have a bag of his own in that moment.

He thought that they had forgotten about him and thought of it as no big deal, simply accounting it to monday blues and his friends having too many things to do - Seungmin with his part time job and his university studies, Felix and Jisung with their studies and Woojin with the general upkeep of the house and juggling about ten different side jobs.

But when he unlocked the door to their house, he was attacked by a colourful array of confetti and a cake with 'Welcome Home' written in cursive.

After they released him from the hug, Jisung patted him on the head. "We missed you Innie," he said, a smile lighting up his face.

Jeongin was at a loss for words, thinking that his eyes were deceiving him because they had skipped whatever they had to do that day just for him.

"Thank you," he muttered, his heart feeling full and content by the simple efforts his seniors had put in to be there for him.

He realised then how they would move mountains for him and how he had never properly thanked them individually, always choosing to thank them as a group.

He also realised how he had never expressed how appreciative he was for them and the urge to do so suddenly overwhelmed him as he stood in the middle of them all.

"Hyungs, thank you for being there for me whenever I needed someone. I-I'm sorry if I've pushed you away but I-I really didn't mean to okay?"

Woojin gave him a pat on the shoulder, knowing how hard it was for the younger boy to properly express his feelings and thoughts into actual words and sentences but nevertheless, Jeongin continued, this time facing Woojin entirely.

"Woojin hyung, thank you for taking me in when I was struggling. I was younger then and I was so, so, lost. I-I really don't want to imagine how my life would be if you hadn't taken me in and...I just wanted to say thank you."

Woojin found himself being hugged by the younger boy who, after releasing Woojin from the hug, turned to Jisung and gave him a hug.

"Hyung! Thank you for helping me out with my studies and for always making sure I eat well even though you yourself sometimes don't. Thank you for always leaving little sweets on my table when you were still in school because you knew how I needed the extra energy so thank you."

Jisung wanted to say something in return but Jeongin had quickly moved on to Seungmin who had already been anticipating the hug, his arms already wide open for the younger boy to walk into.

"Seungmin hyung! Thank you for pushing me out of my comfort zone whenever I start to doubt myself. Without you, I would've never realised who I am and I cannot thank you enough!"

"So cheesy," Seungmin remarked, making gagging sounds while he hugged Jeongin.

Before Jeongin could even say anything to Felix, Felix gave him a tight hug which Jeongin understood entirely - thank you for saving me.

A knock was heard on their door and Jeongin quickly walked to the door, unlocking it.

Standing in front of him was none other than Hwang Hyunjin, his black hair held back by a bandana and the rest of his face hidden by a black mask. In his hands he held a dozen red roses and Jeongin could feel his face becoming the same colour as that of the roses.