7

Beyonce POV

I woke up today and I wish I stayed asleep because I went to bed on top of the world. Today the world's on top of me.

Its one of those days whereby you feel like lying in bed for the entire day because you don't have the energy to face the world. You just lack the courage and boldness to face today's problems so you lie in bed and hope to just sleep the day away.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," Ray said as he entered my bedroom.

I just pulled up my bed covers. I then felt weight on my body then Ray removed the bed covers from my face.

"Mommy can you please make me breakfast," he pouted.

If I was in the jolly mood I would have fallen for his cute pout but I'm not so what he's doing has no effect on me.

"Boy get off me before I tag that ass of yours," I said sternly and he immediately moved away. I sat up and looked at him. "You've got hands and feet and you know where the kitchen is. Go make yourself some cereal," I said and he walked away.

Finally.

I can go back to doing nothing. Waking up isn't the problem. The problem is getting out of bed.

I heard my bedroom door opening again. "I thought I told you to go make yourself some cereal," I said getting agitated.

"Well, good morning to you too Mrs Grumpy," Kelly said as she entered my bedroom.

I heavily sighed and removed my bed covers from my face. I sat up straight and looked at her.

"What do you want?" I said dryly.

"Well damn," she said chuckling. "I see you are having one of those days. It's alright," she said shrugging.

I shook my head and gave her a smile. "You still haven't answered my question. What are you doing here bestie?" I said sitting Indian style.

"I was gonna ask you if you and Ray wanna go to the park with me but I see you have to go grocery shopping," she said casually as she came and sat next to me.

I looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "Why would I go grocery shopping?" I asked.

She looked at me with widen eyes. "You mean you don't know?" She asked and I shook my head. "Ray is downstairs making cereal. He poured the entire box of Captain Crunch in that huge bowl you use when serving popcorn. He then poured the entire gallon of milk in there. I then saw him eat it with that huge serving spoon," she said. "I thought you gave him permission to do all of those things."

"Imma kill that boy," I said throwing my bed covers away and hoped out of bed.

I stomped downstairs and went to the kitchen. I saw milk all over the kitchen island. Ray was sitting on the counter eating his cereal.

"Raymond August Alsina! What in tarnation did you do to my kitchen?!" I yelled as I walked closer to him.

There were crumbs of cereal on the floor. It looks like he mixed two cereals in his bowl. The boxes were left on the kitchen island.

"I'm having breakfast," he said smiling.

I watched as he swag his legs and busy humming a song as ate his breakfast without a care in the world.

This boy is literally oblivious to the mess he as done to my kitchen.

"Raymond, get down here," I said sternly.

"I don't know how," he said.

I rubbed my temples. "Use the same way you got up there!" I yelled.

He flinched and he put the bowl next him. I watched him as he went over and opened one of the drawers. He opened another and used them as his mini stairs to get down. He got down and came to me.

I bent down and pinched his ear really hard. "What the hell is wrong with you? You suddenly forgot how to make cereal?" I spat.

"Ouch! Mommy you are hurting me!" He squirmed in my grip.

"Answer my question first boy," I spat still having a good grip on his ear.

"I do. I do know how to make cereal," he said crying.

I let go of his ear and looked at him. "Clean this place up. I'm going grocery shopping with Kelly?"

"Say what now?" Kelly said from behind me. "I didn't sign up for this."

I turned and pouted. "Please come with me Kelly," I said softly.

She sighed and rolled her eyes. "Fine. Imma go with you," she said.

I hurried upstairs to freshen up.

"We'll be back in thirty minutes. Lock the doors and don't open the door for anyone beside your god mother and I. Be done cleaning when we get back," I said grabbing my keys and headed out with Kelly.

***

"Let's head to that aisle to get some vegetables," I said to Kelly as I pushed the shopping cart.

We walked for some time and I accidentally bumped into someone else's cart.

"I'm so sorry sir," I said to the man whose cart I accidentally hit with mine.

"Its fine. I also wasn't looki-Beyonce?," I heard a familiar voice. I looked up and saw Shawn. "Hey. Its nice seeing you again," he said smiling from ear to ear.

I walked closer to him. "I know right? What are the odds?" I said smiling.

"I thought I was gonna see your pretty face tomorrow when we go on that meeting," he said making me blush.

"I have to leave now. I gotta get back home. I left Ray home alone," I said walking away but he grabbed my wrist.

"You left Ray all alone?" He asked and I nodded. "That's pretty cool. My mother never trusted me to be home alone. You are one cool mom," he said smiling.

"Thank you," I said warmly. "I'll see you tomorrow then," I said and I walked away smiling.

Kelly and I went to the check-out our stuff and we left the supermarket and went to put the groceries in my car.

"So you and Mr Carter are going on dates now?" Kelly said playfully nudging me.

"We aren't going on any dates. We are gonna have a formal business meeting tomorrow and discuss about the club," I said getting in my side of the car.

"Whatever you say," she said playfully rolling her eyes. "Even though you guys were blushing hella hard at each other," she said under her breath.

I just rolled my eyes and started the car so I can get home and make myself some breakfast.