𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝘀𝗵𝗼𝘁 || ❦

( 1:03pm )

yasmin sat with her friends at their lunch table, waiting to be called to go get lunch. they'd only had to be called because the lunch room was always wild during senior lunch.

yasmin was doodling in her notebook, when her table was called. she put her book away and followed them to the line. she fixed her shirt and grabbed a tray.

"yo yasmin!" she heard from behind her.

she turned and saw zion. the bad boy who had her whole heart. this'd never happened before so of course she freaked out.

"yes?" she responds as she moves up some.

"can i talk to you? wanna sit at my table for lunch?" he asks.

yasmin looks over at her friends and they nod. "yes, bitch. go sit with him."

she blushed before turning back to zion. "yes, sure."

he nods and goes to sit when he and his friends usually sat, the other bad boys who yasmin's friends liked as well.

yasmin grabbed a burger and then a soda from the smaller fridge. she scanned her card and walked to the condiments part. she grabs ketchup and walks to her table.

she grabbed he backpack and went over to the table where zion was. she sat down across from him and next to nick.

"hey yas." he side hugs her.

"hi." she replies.

nick and the other three got up and walked to her table. weird. she looks up at zion who was already looking at her.

"so uh, what did you wanna talk about?" yasmin asks before opening her burger wrapper.

"i heard from a little bird that you liked me." he states and her heart drops.

she had no idea what to say. who told him? it wasn't a lie, but she didn't want him to know. she hides her face in her hoodie and tried to stay calm.

"yasmin, it's okay if you do because i feel the same way as well." he smiles.

she drops her hoodie. "huh?"

she was honestly lost for words now. the bad boy, zion kuwonu, liked her, yasmin mcvey. impossible.

"i-i-" she stutters. "who told you?"

"why does it matter?" he simply shrugs.

yasmin groans and opens her soda can. she takes a sip before taking a bite out of her cheeseburger.

"i mean, if you're willing to try something then i am too." he smirks.

yasmin awkwardly nods. "why would someone like you wanna try this with me?"

"because you're beautiful, smart, and you seem cool even though you're being weird right now." he states.

"well, you try talking to your crush." yas spat.

"i am right now, and it's pretty easy." yasmin jaw drops and zion laughs.

"stop!" she hides her face.

"i just wanna know your answer yassy." he says.

"i guess we can try, but only one shot, zion. i can't have a bad boy breaking my heart like that." yasmin answers honestly.

"noted, i'm taking you out this weekend so be ready." she gasps.

"how you just gonna- never mind." he laughs.

"you're cute when you're shocked." he bites from a fry.

they get up together and throw their trash away. then they go to yasmin's table and sat next to one another, holding hands under the table.