𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱𝗯𝘆𝗲||☽

{9:30am, third person pov}

as edwin walked into his girlfriend's funeral, he felt numb. one question that ran through his head was "what if?"

what if they hadn't had that argument, would she be sitting at home waiting for him to return?

but the sad reality is that now she wouldn't be able to wake up with her by his side.

everyone sat down and one by one everyone began sharing stories they had about monae. soon came edwin's turn and he stood at the podium.

tears started forming in his eyes as he looked at the casket that held his girlfriend of whom he loved so dearly.

"monae brown, a beautiful soul, my everything. she was more than my girlfriend, she was my home. the night of the accident her and i had an argument over a little problem

after she left i sat in my room in silence, trying to wrap my head over what had happened.

about an hour later i got the call, the call that changed my life. my best friend was gone and i couldn't do anything about it.

monae if you're watching over us just know that i love you bebe and there isn't a moment that goes by that i don't think about you.

never end a conversation with an argument because you don't know if it'll be your last conversation with that person.

i miss her so badly, everything reminds me of her and the times we once had.

monae brown is and will forever be the love of my life, until we meet again mi amor." edwin looks over at the casket before sitting back in his seat.

he wipes his face with a handkerchief and stares at the casket, while in a trance he sees a familiar figure. he saw a smiling monae whom mouthed the words 'i love you' before disappearing once more.

after the funeral edwin sat at a fountain and thought about the last words he said to her, and how much his heart was now filled with regret.

he went into his pocket and pulled out a ring he found in a box of her things, he held the ring tight before whispering "until we meet again hermosa"