A Miraculous Easter Lukanette/Adrienette part 8

Evan makes his way up the stairs.  He has a smug look on his face. He thinks now I will go after the other boy who stands in my way.  Then, she will come back to me.  It is just a matter of time.

        Marinette hears the noise and stands in front of Adrien as a shield.   Adrien looks at her in surprise.  He does not want her to get hurt on his account.

         Evan kicks the door open and smirks. 

         "Marinette, it has been years since we last spoke,"  Evan says.

        "I do not want to talk with you.  Now, get out," Marinette yells at him.

          "Marinette that is unladylike of you to be so demanding,"  Evan scoffs. He laughs a creepy laugh.

           Marinette's Flashback

              Evan steps closer to her.  "Marinette, why did you break up with me?" He asks.

          "As if you did not know, you broke my arm!"  Marinette blurts out.

          "Get away from my daughter," Tom says.

             "Yes, Evan shoo!  You are not wanted here," Sabine remarks.

            "Marinette, you are coming with me one way, or the other, "  Evan says.

          "I will not go anywhere with you ever again," Marinette replies.

          "Wrong answer, sweetheart," Evan says.

             Evan attacks Tom first, then Sabine.  He laughs as the blood drips from Sabine's forehead, and Tom's chest.

             "You monster, how could you?"  Marinette asks with tears in her eyes.

             "Mom, are you okay?"  Marinette asks. She bends down to check on her mother.

              "Yes, I will be just fine,"  Sabine says.

                "Oh, She will be better off where I am sending her,"  Evan retorts.  He pulls out a weapon and attacks Sabine with it.

                To Marinette's horror, her mother falls dead at her feet, then, her father whose weak from chest pain and from his sadness over his wife passes out dead.

              "How dare you!  You killed them you creep!"  Marinette yells at him.

             "Tsk, tsk, Marinette!  You know you love me,"  Evan says.

              "Love you! I d-do n-not," Marinette says as her voice quivers.

                  Marinette tries to run, but he catches her.  She tries to get out of his grasp, but he is too strong.  She passes out in his arms.  Later, she comes too in some strange room.

                Marinette is scared. She knows he violated the restraining order, murdered her parents and kidnapped her. She can not understand why he did it.

               A few days later, she escapes, calls the police, and they arrest him on the charges of violation of a restraining order, two counts of murder, kidnapping, rape, and many other things.

            End of  Flashback...

        "Evan,  I mean it. Now beat it!"  Marinette screams at him.

         "You heard the lady, now  back off!"  Adrien says.

           "Adrien watch out!"  Marinette screams as Evan brushes past her and charges at him.

                 Adrien swings the baseball bat hard.  He manages to get the rotten guy's nose.  

           "Ha, your new boyfriend here is a bad  aim!"  Evan scoffs.

            "How you ever got out on parol is beyond me!  I mean it, you slaughtered my parents in cold blood!" Marinette yells.

              "Oh, baby, I did it for you.   Besides, that is not all that happened as I recall,"  Evan says with a creepy smile.

         "Mari, what is he talking about  now?"  Adrien asks.

        "Do not call me baby. It is sick, for that matter, you are insane!" Marinette yells at Evan.

         "Marinette, I am not insane.  I am just here for you.  So, you come quietly and I will let him live,"   Evan says.

         "Marinette, do not listen to him. It is a trick,"  Adrien says.

          "Evan, I will not come with you,"  Marinette says.

    "Wrong answer, sweetheart!"  Evan responds.

      "I will not let you kill him!"  Marinette says.

         Adrien watches in horror as Evan grabs Marinette's hair.  He sees her tears and worries for her.   He attempts to step closer to them, but Marinette screams,  " Adrien, I can not lose another person I love!"

         "Mari, I can not lose you!"  Adrien screams.

        "Awe, so touching, not," Evan scoffs.

        Evan shoves Marinette toward the back wall in the room.  He attempts to touch her, but she manages to pull out her knife.

         He is too proud to pay attention and brings his face closer to hers.

          Adrien gasps and thinks no Marinette. He sobs as he thinks I can not leave you to die.

            Marinette holds up the knife and Evan only laughs. 

                 "Ha, you think you can scare me,"  He scoffs.

             Evan kisses her cheek, reaches up under her shirt, and laughs.  

                  "No, get your hands off her!"  Adrien yells at him.

                      Marinette plunges the knife into Evan's chest.  The loser does not let go instead he looks at her in surprise and says, " Marinette, you got me."

                        Evan collapses at her feet.  

         Adrien sees her sob and runs to her.  He drops the bat.  He hugs her close.

             "Mari, I thought he was gonna,"  Adrien says through his tears.

            "Adrien, it is okay,"  Marinette says.

              Luka comes too long enough to mutter,  " Mari, forgive me."  He then closes his eyes for the last time as he sub comes to the knife wound and dies.

           "Marinette, I..." Adrien states.

            Marinette calls the police.  She shudders to think what  Evan would have done this time if she had not stabbed him. 

          The police arrive, they shake their heads as they carry out the body of Luka.   Then, they go upstairs.   They talk to Adrien and Marinette.  When they finish with the questions, they say, "Well, it is a good thing you got him when you did too bad your other friend downstairs was not so fortunate."

         "What do you mean?"  Marinette asks afraid to hear the answer.

       "By the looks of it he was stabbed multiple times and he did not make it," The police say.

   "Oh, no!  What will I tell Juleka, his sister?"  Marinette says with tears in her eyes once more.

          Marinette sits down with Adrien beside her.  

 "Mari, I am sorry about Luka.  I know how much he meant to you,"  Adrien says.

    "Adrien, that is just it.  We were not that close.  I mean sure he was a friend, but I love you!"  Marinette says.

         The police leave after they get the body of Evan out of there.  They shake their heads as they take the bodies to the morgue. 

         Adrien stares into Marinette's lovely eyes. He sees pain, sorrow, and love in them.  He wonders will she ever be okay?

        "Adrien, there is something I have never told you,"  Marinette says.

      "It is okay, you do not have to tell me,"  Adrien says.

Find out more in part 9...

*Author's note:  What is it Marinette wants to tell Adrien?

  -Summer out!