Ladrien/Adrienette Father's Day Special part 6

Marinette turns to go but hands Tikki some cookies.  As soon as Tikki finishes the cookies, Marinette calls out, "Tikki spots on!" She transforms back into Ladybug because she can not let the hospital staff catch on to the truth.  Now, Ladybug waves bye to Adrien before she swings away.

          Adrien just sits there without another word as he watches her leave again. He thinks ouch that hurt. He knows the pain from feeling unloved is stronger than anything. He sighs then smiles for a moment as he recalls the happy look Emma gave him a few weeks ago.

        Adrien's Flashback...

          Adrien looks at the time and gasps. "Oh, no I am late," Adrien says.

         "Late to where?"  His secretary asks.

         "To the birthday party of a special little lady," Adrien states.

          "Oh, and by little you mean," She remarks.

         "Not that is it any of your business, but she happens to be the daughter of a friend of mine," Adrien replies with a grin.

        "You see she is the child of my best friend who happens to be divorced," Adrien tells her.

             The secretary shakes her head as she never did approve of divorces or people dating someone who has been divorced.  Then, again as far as her boss is concerned maybe he is better of dating this Marinette person he goes on and on about anyway.  It is like the guy practically lives and breathes news about her and her Emma almost daily.

            "So, I have heard, " She responds with a sneer.

        Adrien grabs up his wallet, and keys to head out the door. He turns around when he realizes he almost forget something.  "Oops, I almost forgot Emma's present!" He says.

        "Did I tell you she is turning two?" Adrien asks.  The question more of a statement full of excitement.           

         "Go on now, you are already late remember?"  His secretary gently reminds him.

            Adrien rushes off to the party feeling so bad about being so behind.  He falls into rush hour traffic and feels even more guilt.  He arrives at the place twenty minutes after it starts.  Well, he thinks to himself, better late than never, right?

            He knocks on the door, to have it slung open by a happy toddler, then to have it slammed in his face. 

           "Mom, mom, come here," Emma says.

             "What is it, sweetie?" Marinette asks.

          "Mr. Adrien, Mr. Adrien, he is here!" Emma squeals.

             "Then, how about we let him inside," Marinette responds. She opens the door and smiles over at him.

             Adrien enters the place only to have Emma hug him and say,  "See told you he is handsome."

      The other girls giggle, and one says,  "Emma, he is an old man."

       To which Emma responds, "He is not, he is mommy's age, and he is great."

    "If he is so great then he should marry your mother," An older kid says.

    "He will, you will see!" Emma says beaming.

          Adrien blushes as Marinette says,  "You will have to excuse Emma her imagination gets carried away with her sometimes."

           "Mari, I would not mind marrying you," Adrien remarks.

             "Haha, that is a funny one, Adrien," Marinette states thinking he is joking.