Chapter 4: Dabi

"We need to hurry up. If we're going to do this it needs to be fast. He could've already told someone, and that makes this even more dangerous." He says, scratching his neck. He does that when he gets worked up or angry. It grosses me out.
I look around the room. Twice is standing next to Shigaraki, and Compress is sitting in a chair at the table that Kurogiri is leaning on. I'm leaning against the wall in the corner of the room. Toga is standing next to me. She's taken a liking to me and I don't know why. I guess it's because we both joined the league at the same time. No matter how much I try to get away from her she always finds me, it's annoying.
"Dabi, this is your fault! You heard what Shigaraki said, you're slowing us down!" Twice points an accusing finger at me. "You know what, take your time, no rush." His voice goes deeper.
I sigh. "Twice you're impossible." I know it's not his fault, it's just the way his quirk works, but I don't care. "Might I remind you that I'm the one doing all the work here. And I'm the one who actually came up with this idea." I say calmly.
"Well so far it's not working!" He yells.
"Twice, calm down. This is all just a simple matter of predicting his actions. We know what he will do. There's nothing to worry about." Compress says as he casually tosses a marble of glass. He tends to compress random things just to have something to play with.
"Nothing to worry about? What if we predicted wrong? Then we might all die!" Toga exclaims as she shakes her hands around in a nervous motion.
"Ah, everyone stop freaking out. Just calm down. Compress is right." Shigaraki says.
"I agree. However, we need to act fast. We don't have much time left. Dabi?" Kurogiri asks.
"Alright alright. I'll do it now. Stand back." I stand up straight and get into a readying position. Everyone backs away a little into a corner of the room. Toga looks bored, but the rest seem on edge. I don't say it, but I hope this works. I close my eyes, and it begins.
In order to use my quirk, I have to channel the same emotions I was feeling during the time that I'm trying to bring back to the present. It's not easy, I've only had this quirk for a year, unlike my fire.
I think back to the attack on their pathetic little training camp. I wasn't exactly happy, I don't know if that word can even apply to me anymore, but I felt a feeling of success. I was proud too, knowing that I would earn some respect around here for being the one to capture Bakugo.
It's still not working. What else was I feeling? It was actually quite funny when Todoroki looked so defeated. I remember smiling as he missed Bakugo, and I grabbed him first. He looked so surprised. I laugh a little to myself.
There it is. Finally. Now all I have to do is force it on him.
Though my eyes are closed, I can feel the room around me. I plant my feet, clench my fists like I'm getting ready for a fight, and I will it on him. I focus harder and harder with each second until I feel his presence. I sense his confusion, surprise, and worry. Harder. Harder. I see him. He's at school. He just stopped in the middle of whatever he's doing.
He's lunging at me, hand outstretched. I reach out and grab it first. Harder. He closes his fist, realizing he's defeated.
I feel my legs start to give out. My hands shake. I can't hold on any longer. The moment slips from my grasp and he fades away, just in time for me to see him jump up in surprise.
I collapse and my knees hit the floor. I Let out a little moan of pain and tilt my head back to stare at the ceiling.
"Dabi!" I hear Toga cry. Twice rushes over to me and bends down. "Dabi, what happened?" He places a hand on my shoulder.
I push him away. "Get your hands off me I don't need your help." I look down at the floor. My brain is pounding against my skull. I can feel my racing pulse throughout my body. I must've gone too far.
I slowly pull myself up to sit in a chair. The most embarrassing part about this is that they're watching me. "You know, it would help a lot more if you weren't all here." I say
"Well, we have to be in case... this happens." Shigaraki says matter-of-factly.
"I think I went too far, but I did see...." I trail off at the end.
"What? What did you see? He asks.
Everyone looks at me, waiting for an answer. "What? Common Dabi!" Toga says.
I answer, "I saw him see it."