Chapter 6: Todoroki

Once we're outside, I lean against the wall of the building, and Deku and Iida stand in front of me. They both look concerned, and I suddenly regret asking them to talk, but I can't back out of it now.
"I'm guessing you guys are probably wondering what's been going on with me lately." I start to say.
"Yeah, I meant to ask you that a couple of times but I've never gotten a chance to." Deku says.
"I too have noticed you've been different lately and I'm concerned." Iida says.
I look down at the ground. I didn't realize it was that obvious. Taking a deep breath, I look back up at them, and explain my idea. "So I've been having flashbacks lately."
"That explains a lot." Deku says.
I continue. "Most of them have been about my brothers, Daichi and Eiji. They both ran away when I was little, so now it's just me and my sister." I never talk about my family to anyone, so it's a little hard to tell them this. "And some of my flashbacks have been about the League of Villains."
Their eyes widen when I mention it.
"It's hard to explain, but I think I might know one of the villains." I say.
"Wait, are you serious? Like you know the villain or you know who they are?" Deku asks, surprised.
"I think I might know their actual identity. And, I had a kind of vision that showed me where their new hide-out might be. It's some abandoned facility in Tokyo, really close to UA." I tell them. They both seem very amazed at this. But I haven't yet mentioned the one reason I wanted to talk to them.
"I just don't know what to do. I doubt that the teachers or the police would listen to me, and I'm not ever sure if I'm right." I say.
Deku folds his arms. "Todoroki this is really important information. Iida and I were talking just a few minutes ago actually, and we've come to a guess that they could being spying on the school somehow. If you have a lead on where they could be hiding, it would be very useful to the teachers and their investigation." He says.
"Midoriya is right. I think you should tell them." Iida says.
"Yeah, you're right. It's just that I need to know more." There's something bothering me and I have to figure it out. All these flashbacks and clues are keeping me on edge and distracted all the time.
"I've thought a lot about this. If I tell them, I would never find out. The police investigation of the League of Villains is top secret, and the teachers definitely wouldn't tell me anything. I have to know more." I explain. I can tell they are wondering something, and I know what they are about to ask.
"Todoroki, who exactly do you think this villain is?" Iida asks.
I consider it for a moment. Should I tell them? "It doesn't matter who it is, but I just need to find out before I tell you. I don't want to put you guys in danger." I say.
Deku looks like he wants to say more, but Iida looks angry. "Your not planning on trying to find out more yourself are you? Or go find them yourself?" He asks, his anger growing with each passing second.
"No, of course not. You don't think I've learned my lesson by now? You two of all people should know that." I say, trying to calm him down. I can't let them know my true intentions, even if they're my friends and I should trust them. And I do trust them, but I know how this will go if I tell them what I plan to do. Deku would probably willingly go with me, but Iida would not. He would rat me out to the teachers, but only to try to protect me. After our attempt to rescue Bakugo, I don't think he would put up with anymore crazy ideas to break the rules again.
He looks skeptical but decides not to push it. "You're right, sorry I got so worked up." He says.
"Don't worry about it." I say. It goes quiet. Deku looks to me and then to Iida, and then back to me.
"I agree with Iida. You should tell someone. If there's something you really want to know, I'm sure they'd tell you if they found out. We can go with you if you want." He suggests.
"No it's ok, I'll go find Mr. Aizawa now. Sorry for getting you wrapped up in this." I apologize. "I just wanted to ask you guys what you thought I should do. And thanks, for talking with me." I say.
"Of course, whenever you need to talk we'll be here. We're friends." Deku says and Iida nods. This seems all too familiar. I remember hearing Deku say something similar to Iida before the Hero Killer incident when we were heading off to our internships. I can tell they both realize the same thing after Deku finishes his sentence.
I say goodnight to Iida and Deku and head off toward the main school building. Before leaving, I check the window to make sure there isn't anyone there who could have overheard us. When I don't see anyone, I start walking slowly.
I go over it in my head again. If I do this, I may never find out. It's the right thing to do, the teachers need to know. But I can't stand this feeling of uncertainty in my chest. I have to know. It keeps me on edge, its in my head, in my thoughts every waking moment. I have to know.
When the big school building comes into view, I slow my pace. Just as I'm about to reach for the handle, I stop. After talking with them, and contemplating this for a while, eventually, my burning curiosity and my fear of never knowing wins.
I pull my hand away from the door and put it back in my pocket. Walking around to find somewhere to hide, I end up standing behind a tree with a wide trunk. I'll wait here for a while before going back to my dorm room, just to make sure I don't rouse any suspicion. Then I'll grab a few things I might need, and go. I can't believe I'm doing this, after everything that's happened. The Hero Killer incident when Iida tried to go off on his own. When Bakugo got kidnapped and we went to go rescue him. Nothing ever goes right when we try to break the rules, or when we try to make a plan.