Enter the Dungeon

"'As you peek through the trees, you spot a cave entrance in some rocks near the stream.'" Edward peered over the cardboard screen at Ginger, who stood on a grid mat on the table with her dice set around her.

"Hm...I'm going to try to get closer to the cave!"

Edward smirked. "'A big red dragon crawls out of the cave and growls when he sees you! 'Well, well, a catfolk snack has wondered right to my doorstep...''"

"'Mister Dragon! I've only come to explore your cave!' Gingersnap takes out her dagger to protect herself!"

They had rolled for Initiative, or the order of play, and Ginger was indeed first.

"Okay, Gingersnap, roll to attack!"

Ginger took up her giant D-20, a clear one with a strawberry pendant in the middle, and threw it down on the table. She rolled a 1...a critical fail!

Edward had seen her roll, and he wore a toothy grin. He got up and slammed his palm on the table to make everything, including Ginger, rattle. "'The ground beneath you shakes as the huge beast crawls over. He leans over and licks his lips as his belly growls loudly...'"

He pushed the screen over and dragged his tongue across his lips and teeth as he loomed over Ginger. His stomach gave a perfectly timed grumble at the sight of her.

"I turn around and try to run!" Ginger giggled as she did this.

"'Too late for that!' The dragon pins you down under his big paw!" Edward gently knocked Ginger over onto her front on the soft mat and pinned her down beneath his automail hand. "He grabs you and pulls you high into the air!" He grabbed her by the back of her costume cloak and lifted her into the air above him. His mouth opened and his tongue hung out beneath her.

"Gingersnap looks down into the dragon's maw and screams, 'Help me!'" The ocelot gazed down into Edward's mouth and pretended to struggle in his grasp.

"He laughs, and drops you into his hungry jaws!" Edward let go of her hood and she fell feet-first into his mouth. He snapped his jaws shut and rolled her around with his tongue.

Ginger playfully squirmed on his tongue and tried to pry his teeth apart with her paws. When he tilted his head back again, she slid down into his throat and he swallowed deeply.

Glllk~

Edward followed Ginger's descent with his hand, and patted his stomach when he felt her squeeze inside.

Ginger wriggled against his hand from inside and playfully beat her fists against the wall.

"The dragon crawls back into his cave and flops onto his side, picking his teeth with his claw." With one hand on his belly, Edward leaned back in his chair and used the pinky of his automail hand to pick his teeth. He felt Ginger's movements beneath his palm and rubbed at her.

"Dragon pats his tummy and lets out a big, fiery-" Edward punctuated his sentence with a loud burp. "'Ahh...better settle down in there, traveler. You're gonna be stuck inside for quite a while.'"

Edward explained that every 10 minutes, he would roll a D-20 to see if she escaped the dragon's belly. If he rolled anything above a 16, she would be trapped inside for another 10 minutes.

"'Defeated, Gingersnap lays down and waits until she can be freed!'" Ginger giggled and snuggled into the folds of his stomach.

"'Wise choice, wise choice... You make a much better snack than fighter.'" Edward put his arm behind his head and settled into the chair to enjoy the slight weight of her inside.