Part something I lost count WWW

Whimsical Winter Wonderland, or Gingersnap Part something: Gingerbread! I'm finally finish x.x This got...a little more self indulgent than originally planned but ya know o.o' Also please let me know if there's any typos I already caught a rather agregious autocorrect

-----

Whimsical Winter Wonderland

“Hey Ed, can we go for a walk?”

Edward glanced down at the little ocelot, looked outside at the swirling snow, and back down at her again. “Right now?” He asked. “It’s snowing. And it’s cold outside.”

“That’s what makes it so magical! We might make a new discovery , or make a new friend! And the snow looks so pretty! Pleeeeease?”

“Well…I guess we could take a quick walk-”

“Yay!!” Ginger jumped up and down.

“But! As soon as you get too cold, you know where you’re going to go, right?”

“Uh huh! If I get too cold, I’ll just go in your tummy!” Purred Ginger. “C’mon, Ed, let’s go!”

“Okay, okay.” Ed chuckled. He scooped Ginger up and tucked her into the high collar of his sweater, where she would stay safe and warm and, most importantly, close. He pulled on his coat and went out into the snowy air, heading off down a path that led through the white-blanketed woods.

From the safety of his collar, Ginger admired the beautiful sights, pointing out every snow covered tree and wintery animal she liked.

After a while, Ed was just getting ready to turn around and head back home where it was warm, when a sudden sweet smell caught his attention. 

“Ed! Do you smell that?”

“Yeah, it smells like…”

“Gingerbread!” Ginger exclaimed.

Curious, they walked further into the woods through a copse of snow-laden willows and began to search for the source of the yummy smell.

Before too long, a house emerged through the curtains of snow; a gingerbread cottage with a turret room and a crunchy wafer path leading up to the front door. As they approached the sweet-smelling structure, the front door opened and warm light spilled out across the snowy lawn.

A friendly looking life-sized gingerbread man stepped out onto the porch and waved his gingerbread hand. “Hello, travelers! Won't you come in for some hot tea? It's quite frigid out here!”

“Okay! Thanks, Mister!” Gingersnap exclaimed.

“Guess that means we're going in.” Ed shrugged. He walked up the path and stepped up onto the porch.

It was warm and cozy inside the modest and edible abode. A sweet smell from the fireplace filled the air with a comforting aroma. Kivas disappeared into the kitchen and came back with a pitcher of warm tea, two mugs, and a thimble.

“Please, have a seat!” the gingerbread man gestured to a comfy looking sofa while he took a seat in his own gingerbread armchair.

Edward sat down but didn't let Ginger out of his collar yet.

“Thanks for inviting us in!” Ginger beamed, taking a sip of tea from her thimble cup.

“Don't mention it! You two looked cold, and it'll be getting dark soon. I'm Kivas, by the way.” The gingerbread man’s white icing mouth formed a smile.

“Nice to meet you, sir! I'm Gingersnap, and this is my best friend, Edward!”

“Wonderful to meet you both!” Kivas kicked back. “So, you folks live around here I'm assuming?”