CHAPTER 9

"Wrong Choice"

Jenna

We have been to almost every store and I had like so many bags your head would spin. I looked up to  Zane to tell him that the last place I need to go is Victoria secret I wanted to get fragrances and underwear.

"Let's hurry up I'm really getting tired being here."  Zane says.

"Okay just wait here I will be back." I say to him while handing him the bags.

As soon as I went In i started to search for lacy underwear. I don't know why but I always loved lace. I grabbed a couple of fragrances and headed  to the line. I started to think that maybe this would be a good time to ask for help. I looked back to see Zane still standing outside the store but he was on the phone talking with someone, seems like business. I said this will have to be quick. Maybe if I ask the clerk to call the police that I might get away from him. A part of me felt bad for betraying him but I cant be his captive I need to go home.

It was my turn in line and I quickly smiled at the female clerk handing her my items.

"Did you find everything okay?" She asked me with a smile.

I look behind me again to notice Zane staring at me while he was still on the phone. Worry came across my face. I turned back to the clerk.

"Ma'am are you ok?"

"Listen you have to help me, called the cops I have been kidnapped by the Russian mafia."" You have to hurry!" I say looking back noticing Zane getting off the phone and heading towards me.

"My name is Jenna," before I could tell her anything else Zane was right next to me.

"Is everything alright?" He asked while grabbing the back of my neck.

I tried to put my best act on. "Uh sure." I say

The clerk eyeing Zane now. I cleared my throat to get her to hurry with ringing up my things.

"Oh sorry," she says with a smile. "That will be 68.42 please."

Okay I say really nervous with how Zane started tightening his hold on my neck.

"Cash or card?", the clerk asked.

"Card woman!" Zane yelled clearly irritated with how slow she was going.

The clerk jumped at the sound of his voice.

"Debit or credit?"

"Debit", I say while swiping the card.

"Thank you for shopping with Victoria Secret."

Zane turned me around to exit out the store.

"What did you say to her?" He says while leaning down to my ear.

"Nothing  I swear."

"Lies,"  zane says through gritted teeth.

Squeezing his hold on me. "You're hurting me!"

"Shut up!" "If someone dies it's your fault!"

We were close to the exit when we heard a man voice.

"Excuse me sir, can you let go of her?"

We both turned around to notice it was a security  officer.

"Now why would I  do that?" Zane says with a grin.

"Hands off, and step away from the girl!" Security says while pointing a gun at Zane.

Zane let me go and started heading towards the security officer.

Zane laughed.

I was so scared I started shaking.

"Back up!" The security officer yelled.

Zane just kept laughing until he stop then just stared at the officer all of sudden....

POWW!!!

I jumped from the sound people were running and screaming and that's when I notice the security officer with his mouth open first dropping his gun. Blood coming through his shirt then him dropping to the floor.

Dead.
He was dead, all of sudden Zane grabbed me harshly and rushed me to the car throwing me in and locking the door. He got into the driver seat and drove off speeding.

I knew I was in trouble now.