CHAPTER 2

" I love me the smell of hot chicks in the morning" dannie simpered as girls passed by him along the school hallway, " - we've got nerdy girls-" he said as a few girls in glasses walked by.

"The male species is an utter blunder to mankind.."

"Agreed" they whispered amongst themselves.

" we've got scary girls" he said shakily as one girl in heavy dark make up who had way too much eyeliner on hissed as she passed by him.

"We've got thick girls" Dannie whistled frivolously as three black girls with huge assets waddled by giving him dirty death glares.

"And her" Dannie focused his droopy gaze on a tall skinny cheerleader with long brown locks, caramel skin, and big green eyes talking to her posse, it was like a bright shimmering spotlight just shun on her, pushing every face around her into nonexistence. She flicked her long beautiful hair with such grace and ease that it made Dannie melt on the spot.

"Marry me" he blurted.

SMACK!

" OW!" Dannie screamed irately. "What did you do that for!"

"Snap out of it man" I chuckled slightly, " you were drooling dude"

Rubbing his throbbing head, Dannie quickly noticed his saliva dripping from his lips.. "Gross" he muttered, Wiping them off.

"...That's Stella coxen..." I laughed

"Yeah... So!" Dannie grumbled crisply.

"... I know you haven't been around for a while so you can only dream... Cause that girl way out of your league -the Stella you knew is gone. Now, it'll take like a ka-zillion years before you get a glance from her."

Dannie crossed his hands indignantly as I went on and on about how he had no chance with the head cheerleader.

"...- plus, she only dates guys on the football team." I finished.

"I can be on the football team" Dannie beamed.

I suddenly burst into a fit uncontrollable laughter... " -you!" I yawped, "- you can't be on the football team"

"Says who..." Dannie retorted, fuming at me, his supposed best friend who was he expected to be encouraging him about going for the girl of his dreams rather than teasing and laughing at him. But seriously dude, what do you have best friends for? For the tease and good laughs of course.

Today was the first week of school for Dannie in a little town he had grown up in called deadwoods creek, which he and his family had left years ago while he was still a little kid, now he's back with his old buddy, me, and the girl he had a massive crush on since elementary school when she shared a cupcake with him.

I chortled endlessly.

"Because, when Jay and his guys challenged you to a ball game you got pummled to the ground two seconds ..." I guffawed.

" that doesn't prove anything, that was elementary school. This is high school where the real game is... I'm going to try out for the team" Dannie announced popping his collar brashly, his usual untamed ego getting the best of him.

This was the height, Dannie trying out for the football team, I couldn't control my bursting laughter...

"Don't do this to yourself Dannie..." I laughed, trying my best to hold it in but couldn't, " you fell unconscious for two days straight... Your mum thought you were going to die. I still remember how your hands were sprawled at angles I didn't even know the body could bend. - and even before that when jay pinned you and you started crying "