CHAPTER 3

"This is the Phoebis agarithe a very spectacular moth, places found ranges from Peru north to southern Texas and peninsular Florida, rare stray to places like colorado, North Dakota, Wisconsin...."

Mr duboi, the biology teacher went on and on about a stupid insect no one cared about.

I shuffled in my sit as I and the rest of the class tried to stay awake. Dannie was right beside me, he had this rare talent to sleep with his eyes open, unlike many people, Dannie usually got over touchy moments like the confrontation he had with Jay. That was one of the many reasons he was my best friend. He always lightened the room, and looked at the bright side of everything. Even after I had warned him about football, Dannie still insisted that he was going to try out, get the girl and show Jay who's boss. Ah, that ego again.

The door creaked open.

A wave of  long straight flaxen hair ebbed into the room.

All eyes averted from Mr duboi, gazing at the tall beauty standing at the door way, her eyes where the shade of  pure sapphires, glistening like diamonds.

All the boys in the classroom gaped at her, like they were captivated in a trace she emitted. She ambled into the room, towards Mr duboi who was smiling nimbly, all eyes following her meticulously.

"You must be Natalie Payne." He gushed she just nodded simply, " you are welcomed."

He turned smiling to the class, his wizened eyes glinting like it always did, out of those harry potter glasses of his. He reminded me of the professor dumbledore, except he didn't have the long white beards and the wizard hat, but he did have a full head of greying hair with a full beard to match.

"Class, this is Natalie Payne, " he announced, "why don't you find a sit to settle in."

Natalie just smiled and walked towards the desks, finding a sit near some girls at the back of the class.

"Mr Mitchell I suggest you keep your eyes on the moth." Mr duboi chaffed, his eyes glinting at me.

I turned, realising my gaze had followed Natalie till I was completely aback of Mr duboi.

"Now who's drooling," Dannie shoved me, chuckling lightly as I flushed.

"Now the weekend is approaching and I'm sure you children would love to learn more about this amazing moth," Mr duboi chirped, holding a clear capped plastic with a fluttering insect within it, " I've taken the liberty to group you all in three's and take one of the Phoebis agarithe to study and learn over the weekend." The class was filled with series of groans and moaning.

"I expect a complete report about this wonderful insect on my desk by Monday, this project is almost half of your grade," Mr duboi chanted airily.

The class was,again, filled with series of groaning and grumblings.

" what's the matter, its a fantastic topic, you'll enjoy it I guarantee!" He smiled, " make sure you go to the back of the class to check your group mates," he said as the bell went.

The class dispersed, some quickly rushing out of the while the others lazily sauntered to the back of the class to check the list.

"Yey!" A petite girl chirped as she read the list out loud, "Becca, Elizabeth, we're on the same team" they all jolted out of the class rambling about how they'll meet and stuff.

"Lizzie McGee..." A lanky auburn boy haired  drawled nonchalantly.

"Here," a chubby short girl with crazy thick glasses and horrendous braces announced.

"Ughh!" The boy yawned, " kill me now" he prayed, I just laughed lightly as he stomped out of the classroom with Lizzie and another tall guy, taking one of the small plastic Mr duboi gave them.