CHAPTER 6

"Huh?" What was he talking about,"What do you mean 'ate it', and who the heck it toe?!"

"Toe is my pet toad. He ate our project, yada yada yada, -you -are -following ...right?" Dustan said flippantly.

"What?!" Elm gasped.

I was stunned... He had to be kidding, yeah.

"Now that's done, leave, I have stuffs to do." He leered at us.

I and Elm probably stood there for like twenty seconds before it dawned on us that Dustan didn't really give a shit about us or himself.

"You've got to be kidding me." I blustered.

"I'm not actually" he said matter of factly,..

"how is this logic so hard to understand, -toad -bug -eat -yum... get that?!"
I swear I could whip him with that crutch.

"...I guess we'd get an F together then, yey team" he blatantly stated. "You could let yourself out, I'm hungry. " Dustan proceeded towards the door before I blocked his way.

"You're not going anywhere... you're going to fix this." I growled lividly.
He sighed coolly.

"Believe me, If I knew a way to get a toad to regurgitate its last meal and bring it back to life, I will" he said acrimoniously, "now would you get the fuck out of my way!"

I wasn't budging, I didn't care if I was going to beat up a disabled dude. He wasn't going to mess up my life too, he's was messed up big time, that shit was half our fucking grade!

I and Dustan were doing a stare down before Elm chirped out something.

"Wait, we could still get the insect..." she said.
I broke my glare to look at her, " and how would we do that?.."

"magic regurgitation?" Dustan scoffed wickedly, making her fidget a little.

"No.."she muttered, " if we could be in the deadwood creek's woodland in the vicinity of eleven thirty to twelve am today, we could actually find some of those Phoebis agarithe"

"English please."Dustan groaned rudely, not like he actually cared, he just had the unwavering urge to be a douchbag.

"We can get another moth from the woods" elm replied him sheepishly.

"I guess that's settled then," dustan announced. "Have fun catching a bug, I need to get me some nachos"

"Oh no .." I stopped him again, "you got us into this, you're going to the woods, you're gonna catch that fucking moth!"

"Tsk! Language" Dustan drawled sarcastically. "Anyways, Thats not happening -now move over before I kick my foot up your skull."

"dude.. you're coming" I said sharply.
"Drake... " Elm whispered timidly, "you know he can't go, he's on crutches"

This probably made Dustan go nuts.
He swirled his glare towards Elm who cringed at his overwhelming hatred.

"The fuck did you just say!" He bawled.. " do I look disabled to you,"

"I... I'm..." elm stuttered.

"Cause I'm on crutches, I cant fucking do shit yeah... yeah" he growled.

"C'mon Dustan, she was only looking out for you" I added quickly, Elm looked like she wanted to bury herself under a rock, .."you're just being paranoid"

"Shut the fuck up doctor Seuss, I'm going to the fucking woods," he screamed at me. "I'll show you who can't do shit" he simmered, daggered at Elm, before pushing me out of the way and heading towards the door.

"You guys coming or what!" He yelled, taking Elm out of shock and me out of confusion.
We both hurried behind him and exited the house.

****

Well this is awkward.

I Dustan and Elm are sitting in my car by on the road, by deadwoods creek's woodland for the past 2hours in death silence.

Honestly who names a town and add the word dead to it, its so freaking creepy.

"Is it time yet?" I announced grudgingly, pulling everyone gaze from their phones.

"Almost, " elm replied dociley, "it's 11:25 pm"

"So what, we're going to wait till 30, my fucking ass hurts and the tree's by the road are a better sight than your backs" Dustan sneered.

He reached for the door before I stopped him.
"You know I was joking about you coming along yeah, " I told him, was he crazy, I wasn't going to let him go into the woods when he was all so clearly physically impaired.

He huffed, "shut up"

He pulled the door open, slid his legs out and took out his crutches.

"Dustan.." I opened my door, leaping out in time he got out of the car. "Look,.." I started, trying to find the right words to prevent him from going in, " you don't have to do anything, I and elm would look for the month and you can wait in the car..."

"-wait in the car like a little girl,-" crud, wrong words, " -are you fucking kidding me"he growled.

"Its 11:30, we have like 30minutes to find thos moth before they disperse again" Elm announced behind me, didn't even notice when she got out of the car.

Dustan shoved me aside, "lead the way," he told Elm, who gave me a very concerned look before turning around and walking into the woods. Great!

"Ughhh this is taking forever" Dustan lamented.

"It's been 10minutes since we left the car Dustan, you could still go back to the car if your legs hurt" I told him iratly, he'd been complaining 2 minutes into the search and I'd told him the same thing on and on, only for him to shoot me this death glare before striding on with his crutches.

"Did you guys hear that." Elm paused dead in her tracks.

"Sounds of the bugs -finally" Dustan muttered.

"It's probably the owls in the trees" I added flippantly.

"No.. not that," Elm whimpered. "- it sounded like"

"Ahhhhhhhhh!"

********
Sigh its been like what, 5months since my last update, yeah I know im a fish, loools, so sorry about that, college and all. so this is just the beginning, hehehee, dustan is a dick head yeah, lool.. so lets see what happens in the bext thrilling chapter, dont be scared my little fishes, hehehe.