XVI

D

D

I sat down on the large couch facing my brother who stood on a platform in front of a floor to ceiling mirror in the old fashioned tailor shop. Owned by Luca Cuomo; a man in his late sixties, he was our go to tailor.

Leo sat on the couch with me, his attention focused on the newspaper he was reading while Sergio and Ricardo remained standing by the sliding doors that led to the main area of the shop.

Mr Cuomo was altering Roberto's suit jacket with the aid of his young apprentice. My brother tried his best not to fidget. He kept his arms lowered at his sides for the tailor to pin and adjust the fabric of the jacket to his liking.

"Isn't he handsome." Ricardo whistled, earning an eye roll from Roberto.

"Don't be a prick and take the compliment. The jacket is nice." Sergio hummed, folding his arms across his chest as he leaned against the wall.

"Yeah yeah.." Roberto brushed them off. "If I take the compliment, Ricardo might fall in love with me." He added. Ricardo's expression twisted into a glower of disapproval as Leo, Sergio and I chuckled in amusement at their antics.

"Not with a face like that," Ricardo steered close to Roberto, pointing expressively before he reached out to poke him in the side. "You fucking wish."

"Fuck off." My brother swatted Ricardo's hand away from him, only to wince when Mr Cuomo accidentally pricked him with one of the pins. "Cazzo—" he hissed, pulling his arm away from the tailor. (Fuck)

"I'm sorry!" Mr Cuomo's face paled.

"It's fine. I blame that idiot." Roberto grumbled out, glaring at Ricardo who retreated back to stand by Sergio with a smirk on his face.

The elderly man relaxed a bit but it was still obvious that he was on edge along with his apprentice who observed quietly. Mr Cuomo readjusted his glasses before gesturing for the young man at his side to take his spot while he moved around my brother to check for anything out of place.

"Better?" Mr Cuomo nervously asked, stepping back to allow my brother to analyse the black tailored suit jacket that had a satin lapel. Roberto rolled his shoulders, fixing the front of the tuxedo before lifting his arms to test out the mobility.

"Yeah that's much better.." My brother murmured, satisfied with his tailored suit, "Not as tight fitting as before." He buttoned the front before unbuttoning it once he felt it was to his liking.

"You getting fatter or something?" Sergio quipped and Ricardo snorted to add insult to injury, making my brother scowl in their direction through the reflection of the mirror.

"Shut the fuck up." Roberto threw back, stilling for Mr Cuomo who helped him remove the suit jacket. "It's like dumb and dumber listening to you two." He stepped down from the podium as Mr Cuomo and his assistant retreated to the back, leaving us alone for a bit.