XVII

M

M

A week later.

The day had finally come far quicker than I anticipated and I was soon faced with the realisation that this was truly happening. My eyes danced over my reflection, taking in my long dress as it flowed behind me with the scarf trailing down my side. It hugged my figure in all the right places, just as it did that day in the dress shop, the smooth fabric giving some room for my growing pregnancy bump.

My makeup was flawless and I had been pampered by professionals throughout the morning including Cynthia who came to do my hair for me. She was overcome with emotion while tending to me, doting over me and gushing proudly about how beautiful I would look in my dress. She would be attending the engagement party too and I couldn't be happier.

She tied my hair back into a sleek low bun which was adorned with diamond pins to match the expensive earrings and the jewelry I wore on my wrists.

I nervously smoothed down the sides of my dress, taking another minute to calm my nerves.

I could do this.

I played mindlessly with the ring on my finger, my eyes darting back and forth for any imperfections before a confident smile rose on my face.

I can do this.

I took in another breath, my attention flickering to the bedroom door when I heard a light knock, followed by a soft voice, "Mina?" Olympia called out to me. "You ready?" She asked.

"Um yeah." I cleared the shakiness in my throat, trying not to sound so nervous. "You can come in." I replied back, hearing the click of the door as it opened.

She stepped into the room in a navy plunging back cowl dress that flowed to her knees. It accentuated her figure beautifully and it was complemented by her black kitten heels. Her usually straight shoulder length hair was tied back into a low bun, a few strands framing her flawless face.

"Oh Mina.." she softly gasped, her lips pulling up into a smile as she took me in. "You are gorgeous." She gushed, crossing the room to meet me.

She wrapped her arms around me and I held onto her tightly, trying not to cry as we swayed on the spot. "Thank you, Olympia." I bashfully uttered, pulling away momentarily to meet her gaze which began to water. "You are stunning.

"Ugh I can't cry. I don't want to ruin my makeup." She laughed, lifting a finger to lightly tap at her under eye as I mirrored the same action. "And thank you."

She released me, lowering herself down to help me fix the bottom of my dress which pooled around me. "They won't know what to do when they see you tonight. You are a beauty, Mina!" She continued to praise me and all I could do was smile, my heart filling with appreciation at her endless compliments. "Cori is going to lose her mind."

Cori left early after Cynthia did her hair to get ready with Hyeon. I would meet her at the manor where I was sure she'd share the same reaction as Olympia.