6 ~ Your big break

~

"MADDIE!" Jess nearly screamed.

"WHAT?" I fell out of the chair and scrambled to my feet, sprinting down the hall to her bedroom. "What's wrong? What happened? Who died?"

She stood and smiled at me. "I just got you the biggest break fucking ever."

"What? What are you taking about? I thought you were getting murdered or some shit!"

"You're opening for Crown The Empire!"

"Wow, now you're lying to me, I'm leaving." I turned but she grabbed the collar of my shirt and dragged me to her computer, where she showed me the email from CTE's manager confirming we had a four-song set scheduled for December 20th and thanking us for covering for the band who was supposed to open.

"How did you even- why- is this- Jess you're fucking amazing! How did you get them to let us play?"

"I lied and said I was from Fearless, noticing their opening act dropped out on the Milwaukee show, and I had a band from there we just singed that could fill in.

"You lied?"

"Mhm."

"I expect nothing less." I hugged her. "But we've never played a show! I've been in the band for two weeks! We're not prepared for something like this!"

"Then get prepared!"

"Wow great advice. I'll go call the guys then, band practice needs to start ASAP."

~

10:20 pm3 missed calls from "Lex"5 unread texts18 notifications 2 kik messages

~

"Songs!" My eyes widened. "We need songs to play! We can't just do covers, this is a big break for us..."

"We can put together two or three before the show, right?" Ronnie crossed her arms. "Its not like they have to be perfect, we're not recording..."

"But they have to leave a good impression." I chewed my lip, resting my arm on my guitar hanging around my neck.

"They do, so let's get started. You guys start right away on some riffs and choruses that'll catch people's attention." Jordan said to me and Leo. We nodded. "I'm feeling a slap bass solo from you, Ronnie, get started in working that out so it's loud and you can really get a crowd jumping to it. I'll work on some lyrics, I should have started writing ages ago."

"I uh," Chris spoke up from his drum set. "I-I have some songs."

~

@CrownTheEmpire: Milwaukee! There's been a change, @BurnTheKingOfficial will now be opening for us. Let's kill it Saturday!

~

A/N: I'm neglecting Lex aren't I I'll fix that