Chapter Ten : Flying Firebreathing Spatulas

After Rose had walked off I went to search for dad. I thought he might be at his dorm, so I went there first. I tried to open the door and relized, yet again, I didn't have a key.

I looked around the house for another door but couldn't find one that opened for me.

What about the windows?

I looked up and saw one of the windows was open and if I could climb the tree next to it then maybe I could crawl in.

Sounds like a plan, Yuki.

I cracked my knuckles.

Let's do this.

I started climbing up the tree and was about up to the same height as the window when I heard an all too familiar voice.

"Yuki! " kuro shouted in my head.

"Ahhh! " I screamed and almost fell out of the tree.

Once I had regained my footing I shouted back, "Kuro, I almost fell out of a tree because of you! "

"Sorry, Yuki. I was just so happy to see you. Where have you been? "

I was about to say in a coffin but then I relized kuro didn't know. Dad and uncle yukio didn't tell him. Probably for good reasons...

"I've been traveling... What have you been up to lately? "

"I pranked Izumo for you. An Paku. An Yukio. And Rin. Just about everyone! "

I could practically see the grin on his face.

"Okay, well I'm glad for you but I'm, you know, still in a tree! " I said.

"Oops. " he said.

I then climbed all the way up the tree and stopped and started shaking the tree back and forth to get it closer to the window sill.

Then I heard the tree cracking.

Uh oh.

The tree branch I was on I could feel about to break so before it could I closed my eyes and jumped to the window.

I opened my eyes to see I was holding on to the window sill dangling from the side of the building.

"Ha, I did it! " I said and pushed my way up and climbed in falling on something.

"Ouch.... " I said.

Then kuro popped up out of nowhere and cat hugged me.

"Yuki! "

"I know kuro. I missed you too buddy. " I said and stood up.

I looked around and relized I had landed in the kitchen.

"Yuki, why did you come in through the window? " kuro asked.

"All the doors were locked. "

"I could've opened one for you. "

"You tell me that now! "

"Whoops. " he said and jumped up on one of the counters and began licking his paws.

"Kuro, do you know where d-I mean rin is? "

"In his room with Shiemi."

I ran as fast as I could to my dad's room and flung the door open.

And in there I saw...my mom and dad making out.

"Ahhhhh!" I screamed covering my eyes.

"Yuki! " mom said.

"I'll just, Umm... Leave you two alone... Bye! " I said and ran back downstairs and hid under a table.

Holy firebreathing spatulas.

Scarred for life.

It's just, my parents....

I shuddered.

Then I smiled.

I remembered when I had snuck up on my parents doing the same thing when I was four.

After I saw that I ran under a table and hid.

Then mom and dad searched around for me and said-

"Yuki, sorry! Well, not that sorry... Just, come out whenever you are. Please? " dad said.

I crawled out from under the table and stared at him.

The same words.

"The same exact words... "

"Huh? " dad said.

"Oh, it's nothing. "

I stood up.

"I have something really important to tell you. Like sit down and shut up important. " I said.

"Okay. " dad said.

"Alright, you might not believe me but.... "