Chapter Eighteen : You're Going Down

Then the doors burst open.

I fell down from some type of blast that invaded the room.

"Ahhhhh! " I screamed covering my eyes as dust flew in.

I heard Meia cry out.

"Meia! " I said grabbing her hand.

The dust cleared and I finally saw her for the first time.

Meia's mother.

Long blonde hair braided up behind her and dead black eyes.

"Good morning. " she said quietly.

I stood up and brushed the dust off my jeans.

Everyone gathered up behind me.

"Oh my, Meia. I wanted it to be a surprise... " she said walking slowly towards me.

She pulled out a scythe and pointed it at me.

"It's a shame you can't see the future dear Yuki. I can. I see what a monster you become. "

"What are you talking about! " I shouted.

"Didn't Meia tell you? " she said smiling.

I looked at Meia and saw she was looking down at the ground.

"Meia? " I said.

"She's gotten way too attached to you it seems. Didn't want to hurt your feelings. " Meia's mom said.

"What are you talking about! " I screamed.

"I'm talking about the fact that you, Yuki Okumura, will destroy the world. " she said.

"Wha-wha-what! " I cryed out.

I felt my sword slipping from my hands.

She's lying.... She's gotta be lying....

"You're lying! " I said.

"Nope. I never lie. " she said proudly.

"Unlike my wrench of a daughter. She lied about how she came here, she lied about your future, and she lied about being your friend! " she said grinning.

"Liar! Meia isn't like that! And if she had secrets that she wanted to keep from me, I don't care! The point is, she kept those secrets because she didn't wanna see me get hurt! So I could get a damn about how she got here or anything about her past because true friends can accept each other no matter what!" I shouted.

Meia's mother visibly flinched.

"I won't let you live. If I do, you'll kill me one day and I just can't have that happening, now can I? And besides, if I kill you now, I'll save the world! I'm the hero! " she said.

I let my blue flames out and they flew around me.

I took a step towards her.

"The future is not written in stone! " I shouted.

I took another step.

"I have the power to choose my own future, my own fate! I can do anything I set my mind to and I don't need you telling me how my life is gonna go down! "

I pointed my sword at her.

"Because I have the freedom to be whoever I want to be. " I said.

I saw her grin as she lunged straight for paku.

"Everyone, kick ass! " Rose shouted.

"Ahhhhh! " we all yelled.

Rose jumped up in front of paku defending her from Meia's mom.

She took out daggers and spun them around quickly.

"Finally, a real challenge! " she said proudly and dove underneath the scythe, slicing Meia's mother's leg in the process.

"Ahh! " she screamed and Rose ran back around and grabbed Paku's hand and jumped up onto the table with her.

Renzo took out his staff and started going head to head with the white haired woman, blocking each strike expertly until...

"Ahh!" he yelled as her scythe sunk into his shoulder.

She pulled it out and was about to strike again until izumo stepped in.

"Summon the gates of heaven and earth! Let her disciples be known! " izumo shouted quickly as the scythe swung at her foot.

She bit her lip and smeared the blood across a piece of paper then jumped up and spun around as two twin foxes appeared from seemingly nowhere and attacked Meia's mom from the side.

But in no time, they had disappeared as the scythe came down on them.

"No! " izumo shouted.

Meia's mother knocked her out using the back of her scythe and started to go towards uncle yukio.

I ran over and swung my sword at her quickly.

Left swing, blocked.

Right swing, blocked.

Uppercut from the side, ouch that's my hand!

Soon, our weapons were interlocked, and I was losing my strength.

I won't give up.

And I sure as hell won't give in!

I pushed harder and faster and had almost knocked the scythe out of her hands, but she kicked me in the shins with her foot making me stumble to the ground.

Uncle yukio took out his two handguns and began firing at her.

She blocked his bullets and kicked him making him accidently shoot behind her. Then, just when she was about to slice uncle yukio's head off, dad came flying in covered in flames, katana raised.

"Get away from my brother!" he shouted, as he blocked her strike.

I joined in and helped dad keep her at bay so that uncle yukio could get up.

"Outnumbered..... Let's fix this. " Meia's mom said sickeningly sweet and closed her eyes.

"By the power of the three mothers of fate, and by the will of time let me be enlightened! " she screamed as she broke away from us.

I closed my eyes as a blinding white light blasted throughout the room.

When I opened them, I saw Meia's mom standing over Meia with her scythe at her throat.

"Mother! " Meia choked out.

"Don't call me that! You stopped being a daughter to me long ago! The day you thought you just might not want to be mother seer is the day you died in my eyes! " Meia's mom shouted.

"I wanted to be something different! " Meia screamed.

"But you could've had everything! You could've been ruler right now, helping me if it weren't for your stupid mistakes! "

"They weren't mistakes. They were desicions! Something I had never been able to do when I was around you! "

"Why you little-"

"SHUT UP! Shut up mother! I'm speaking now. Before, Mephisto or Yuki I never could make my own decisions! You were always making them for me, forcing me to be someone I could never be. How could I have ever been mother seer and help control fate when I couldn't even do anything for myself that required a brain! "

"Meia- " Meia's mom said.

"And then when I finally did something for myself, you turned your back on me! Claimed that I wasn't your daughter anymore! Now, I have friends! Real friends! And I have a guy who loves me! Loves me mother! This is where my so called mistakes got me. Now, I'm not going to let you take them away from me! " Meia shouted and pushed the scythe off from her neck with her bare hands, cutting them as she did.

She stood up, and with her hands on her hips she proclaimed, " You're going down! "