Chapter 24

jungkook's pov.

ever since valerie's disappearance i have tried to find her. i looked everywhere in the town. but she was nowhere to be found, she simply disappeared as if she was never there in the first place.

i sighed in frustration, pushing my glasses up to my nose. ''where are you,'' i muttered in my breath.

what if that dangerous creation of a demon got her? no, it couldn't be. i slammed my fist on the wooden table, making it crack in half.

my mother knocked on the door. ''son, are you okay? i heard a noise,''

''i'm perfectly fine, mom,'' i assured, kicking the table away from me.

''are you sure?''

''yes, mom.'' i sighed, running my hand through my hair.

''okay, i also came by to say that your friends are here to visit you.'' she said.

''alright.'' i took off my glasses, throwing it on my bed before opening the door, heading to the living room.

''hey how are you?'' hoseok asked, a bright smile plastered on his face like always.

''dead.'' i replied, hoseok's smile faltered a little. ''we're going to house of sweets, do you want to tag along?''

''yeah sure, i need to clear up my mind anyway,'' i mumbled, grabbing a leather jacket from the coat rack.

''mom, i'm going to house of sweets with the boys!'' i yelled. ''okay, come home early!'' she yelled back. ''got it!''

jimin slid his arm around my shoulder. ''i wouldn't have thought that you would go with us, since...you know,''

''mhm...''

''i heard there's a new brandnew smoothie flavor in the café,'' namjoon said, trying to lighten the mood. ''that's nice,'' i nodded.

once we arrived, we were greeted warmly as usual. ''hey guys, welcome back.'' evelyn smiled.

''hey,'' we all greeted back in unison.

''the usual?'' she asked, ''you know it,'' hoseok winked. she let out a chuckle before mentioning towards the tables. ''take a seat, your orders will be served in two minutes.''

''so...'' hoseok started as we sat down. ''did you guys do something interesting during the days we were free?''

''not really, i visit house of sweets everyday but that's it.'' namjoon told us. ''talking about house of sweets, how did evelyn come up with that name? it's such a cute name,'' jimin grinned.

''i got inspiration from a song called 'house of cards'.'' evelyn explained, putting down the sweets and drinks.

''interesting,'' namjoon nodded.

i looked down, fishing my phone out of my pockets.

haeyoon
jeon, you need to come to [address of helena's house]

jungkook
why? did something happen?

haeyoon
you're asking too many questions
when i ask you to come
you must come
i'm your mentor

jungkook
okay i'm coming

''sorry guys, my mom texted me that there's something urgent going on. i'll see you guys around. bye,'' jungkook said, drinking the last bit of his boba before throwing it in the trash can.

''um okay bye kook,'' they said in unison.

i walked out of the café, towards the address that haeyoon send me.