Chapter Ten

That asshole had the nerve to text me after months of silence.

Anger boiled inside me and tears pricked at my eyes, but I refused to let them fall. I gripped my phone so tightly it was in danger of breaking and I almost wished it would. I wouldn't have to deal with that drama if I didn't have a phone.

A hand rested on my shoulder, startling me back into reality. I turned to find Jensen staring at me, concern in his eyes.

"Bad news?" He leaned closer, his hand leaving my shoulder reaching to take my hand, but I pulled away.

I stood abruptly, my chin trembling as I backed away.

"Excuse me." I bolted for the bathroom, locking the door once I was safely inside.

Rushing to the sink, I turned the faucet on and splashed cold water on my face hoping it would hold back the tears. I refused to let one little message get me down. Josh wasn't worth it.

A few minutes later there was a soft knock on the door.

"Freya? It's Saw, can I come in?"

I glanced at the door, unsure. I wasn't sure if I wanted to be alone or not, but she was my friend and isn't that what friends were for? To help you in times of need such as this? I wasn't sure; I'd never had a friend before.

She knocked again.

"Sweetie?"

With a sigh, I stood and walked to the door. Once it was unlocked, she opened it just a fraction and stepped in, locking it behind her. She looked up at me, concern in her eyes.

"Today is not my day," I chuckled dryly.

I sat down on the toilet, putting my head in my hands.

"Do you want to talk about it?" She walked over to squat down in front of me.

I looked up and shrugged.

"I think maybe it was just anxiety overload. First I offer Jensen my spare room, then Josh texts me."

Her eyes narrowed and she wrapped an arm around me.

"Screw that douche canoe. He's not worth the worry." She rubbed my back, trying to soothe me.

"I agree, so I plan to ignore him. Maybe he'll get the hint." It was as good a plan as any and I really didn't know if I cared to hear what he had to say.

"As for Jensen, he's going to be living with you?" She looked like she wanted to laugh, but was holding it back.

"It's going to be a complete mess. How am I supposed to live with him when I'm harboring some seriously unknown feelings for him?"

"Maybe it will be good for you. It will give you the opportunity to figure out these feelings, plus I suspect you aren't the only one hiding your feelings." Her face was serious now, but I rolled my eyes not buying into it.

"Not likely. I'm too awkward and plain. Not to mention a mess right now."

It was her turn to roll her eyes.

"You just don't see yourself clearly, Freya, but Jensen; he sees you."

I sighed, exasperated.

"What happened to you telling me to stay away from him? You said he was nothing but heartbreak and if you can recall, I just had my heartbroken, I don't want to go through that again. Not anytime soon."

"He's been different since you've been around," she stated. We were both standing now, she leaned against the wall. "Think about it. It's been weeks since some random hoochie has stopped by for him. Weeks! It used to be a daily occurrence and now it's zero. Why do you think that is, Freya?"