Episode 9: The World According To Janna

On a quiet, perfect Earth-Mewni day, Janna - sporting a sports cap instead of her traditional beanie - found herself quietly surveying the streets. She took note of the groups of people she found hanging around doing various daily activities. Along her work, she found herself passing by the park and taking note of Katrina and her Cornball teammates in the middle of a practice. She carefully hid herself behind a nearby bush, her head popping out just far enough so she could get a clear view of the action. Oh, not for her, but for her audience. Installed in her ball cap was a tiny camera, and it was live-streaming everything it was capturing.

"And there they are, folks. The Earthni Tadpoles, as they are now called," Janna narrated to her online audience. "Gearing up for the first ever Cornball league on Earth...Mewni...Earthni, let's called it Earthni. Easier on the brain." She took a brief silent moment to observe the practice, the intensity increasing as time progressed. "Looking as sharp as ever, these little guys are." Katrina was front and center, showing off her impressive skills and wowing her teammates. "And there's the team's star player, Katrina. Any of you Cornball players out there that still think she's a fluke...you better bring your A-game when her team faces off against you."

A few more minutes of observation, and then Janna abandoned her bush and the park, off to find a new subject to film. Her travels took her to the place known as Britta's Tacos, a place that she remained banned from. But standing about 30 feet from the actual stand figured to keep her off the hook, or at least that's what she thought. "And here, ladies and gentlemen, is the home of only the finest tacos you will ever have the pleasure of stuffing in your mouth. Echo Creek's finest delicacy and casual hang-out spot for teens or awkward adults that don't know what to do with themselves. I'd, uh, get in closer to show off the cooler stuff, but I remain banned thanks to...um...reasons..."

Out of nowhere, Oskar Greason popped into the shot. "She got banned cause she stole our 50-punch prize." He said without hesitation, embarrassing the girl.

"Dude! Who said you could cut in?"

"What? It's important to tell the truth. We're in a world of vast misinformation, your audience deserves all of the facts."

"...How do you know I'm filming?"

"You're wearing a ball cap. It's probably got a camera in it. It used to be one of my old tricks too. Had it on all the time around the ladies." A brief moment of silence as the weight of his words actually sunk in, and he responded in kind with a double face palm. "Shoot, I just heard how that sounds."

"Aaaaand we're done here." Janna piped up before quickly walking away.

Her next stop took her to the Butterfly castle. Janna stood on the outside, gazing at its majesty, even in its still-damaged state. The camera in her cap continued recording. "And this, folks, is the famous Butterfly castle, home to your resident magical lunatic Star Butterfly and her equally loony family." She removed the came and faced it towards her so the camera caught her face. "And occasionally home to boyfriend & lover, the Safe Kid." She winked, then put the cap back on. "Speaking of which, I wonder what our power couple is up to today."

==Page Break==

Speaking of Star and Marc, the two love birds were cozying themselves up in Star's bed, preparing themselves for a personal day dressed in their sleepwear. For Star post-age of magic, personal days - coined "mandatory sick days" by Marco - became not only commonplace, but almost a requirement in her continued recovery from her physical & mental anguish. As for Marco, while he wasn't in nearly as bad shape as Star was, his girlfriend insisted - to both him and their loved ones - that he join her on some personal days as well. His health & happiness were important to her and she was not about to let him constantly put her needs before his own without some kind of reward. So today, they were locking themselves in Star's room for a day of emotional R&R.