We Weren't Perfect

"That was really fun, guys. I missed you so much." Nini said, as we all left the mall. 

"Mhm. Don't forget about movie night at my house tonight!" Ashlyn replied, getting in Big Red's car. We all nodded and waved goodbye to them. 

"So, you heading home?" Nini asked, as we made our way to our cars. 

"I don't exactly want to..." I confessed, shrugging. 

"I know. You're still working things out with your mom." Nini replied, unlocking her car. "Maybe you can just head home and talk to your mom a bit more. Then, if you need, we can go hang out just the two of us, before it's movie night time." She added, getting in her car. I nodded and got in my own car, heading home.

"Ricky, you're home. How was the mall?" My mom greeted me at the door. 

"It was good. I got some yellow vans. Now, I have enough to wear a different color each day. Also, we ate some delicious chinese food." I told her, putting my keys and shopping bag on the counter. 

"That sounds really nice." She responded, smiling. "So, are you here to stay? I was actually thinking of putting on a movie, if you wanted to join me." She added, sitting on the couch.

"Uh, sure, Ash is having everyone over for a movie night later tonight, but I've got time." I told her, sitting down beside her. 

"Perfect. We can spend some quality time together, make up for lost time." She replied, as I bit back a retort. Instead of speaking my mind, I just nodded and kicked off my shoes, getting comfortable on the couch. 

"Mind if I just check my phone real quick? I promise I won't be on it the whole time. Just want to check in on everyone." I asked, as she set up the movie. 

"That's fine, sweetie."