I'd Do It All Again

"Everyone's here! Movie time!" Ash exclaimed, bringing in the last of the snacks. 

"Wait. What are we watching?" Seb asked, cuddling with Carlos. 

"The third high school musical movie. It's the only one we haven't had a movie night for." She answered, finally finding her own spot with Big Red. 

"Looks like you were right, baby." Nini said to me, the "baby" coming out like venom to me. 

"Mhm." I said, still not wanting her to be suspicious. 

"Technically, we haven't watched Sharpay's Fabulous Adventure..." Carlos commented, as Ash got the movie started. 

"Well, it's not really a part of the series of high school musical movies..." Ash replied, shrugging. 

"Oh. We are not starting this again." Carlos said, rolling his eyes. 

"Yes. Please don't start arguing the day before I have to leave." Nini cut in, grinning.

"Wait. You're leaving tomorrow? I thought you were staying for the weekend..." I asked her, already on edge. 

"Well, I have to go back to school Monday morning. So, in order to be there in time, I'm leaving tomorrow night. Don't worry. We have plenty of time, bubs." She explained, holding me tight. This time, a part of me did want her to let go.

"Beautiful. Absolutely beautiful..." Seb said, as the credits rolled.

"Me? I know." Carlos joked, smirking. Seb just smiled and kissed him on the cheek.

"So, am I putting on something else on or is everyone getting tired?" Ash asked us, already knowing the answer to that question.

"Something else." Everyone, accept me, answered in unison. I still didn't really feel like talking.

"Ooh. I have the perfect movie..." She stated, setting it up.

"Hey, you ok? You seem a little off..." Nini implored, with a worried look in her eyes. I had done my best to have her think things were normal, but I guess I failed. Still, I wasn't just gonna tell her what was wrong. I really didn't want to ruin movie night by making a scene.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I guess I'm just tired since you woke me up at six in the morning." I replied, with a fake chuckle. She just shook her head, seeming to buy my act. I didn't have to worry too much, though, because Ash soon had Beauty and The Beast set up on the tv for us to watch.

"Great choice." Big Red commented, smiling at her. She smiled back and I had to admit I was pretty jealous of them. It would have been amazing to have a relationship like theirs. One seemingly without any conflict. It just seemed, no matter what I did, something always stood in the way of Nini and I's relationship being happy and stable. Hopefully, this whole thing would be over soon and I'd realize I was an idiot for ever thinking Nini would hurt me like that. Hopefully....

@panini

@panini-sooooo tired, i don't even care about how bad the quality is🤷‍♀️

liked by bigred and 132 others

comments

"Night, Red." Nini said, waving to him as he got in his car. He waved back and I just sent a smile his way. "That was fun, right? Aww, I missed nights like these so much." 

I didn't completely ignore her, but I wouldn't say I kept the conversation going. I put on my playlist, bopping my head and singing along to Harry Styles. 

"Ooh. Did you add Harry Styles to your playlist? I didn't know you liked his music." She commented, smiling. 

"Yeah. I guess I got into his music while you were away..." I replied, shrugging. 

"That's cool." She said, probably sensing my disinterest. I just nodded and the only sound in the car was the music.

"Don't call me "baby" again
You got your reasons
I know that you're tryna be friends
I know you mean it
But don't call me "baby" again
It's hard for me to go home
To be so lonely..."

I walked inside the house, expecting my mom to be at the hotel by now. It was close to midnight.

"Mom?" I asked, seeing her sitting on the couch. 

"Honey, you're home." She replied, smiling and yawning. 

"Yeah. Why are you?" I questioned, it coming out ruder than I'd wanted it to. 

"Uh, I wanted to make sure you got home okay. I guess, I didn't realize how late you'd be out." She explained, taking off the blanket she was underneath. She hadn't even changed her clothes. 

"Yeah. We decided to watch another movie. I would have texted, but I assumed you'd be asleep." I said, slipping off my shoes and jacket. 

"Well, I should probably head to the hotel now that I know you're home safe." She said, getting up and reaching for her purse. 

"It's kinda late. You sure you want to be on the road at this hour?" I responded, furrowing my eyebrows. 

"I'll be fine, Ricky. Love you." She said, smiling and giving me a kiss on the cheek. 

"Love you too..." I said, still worried. I know how awkward it'd be for her to stay here since they aren't together anymore, but I just couldn't help but worry about her being on the road when it's so dark. Anything could happen. Still, she left. There was nothing I could do...

A/N: at this point im not gonna ramble on and on about the fun i had writing especially since this chapter was a little heartbreaking to write. hope ur still here enjoying no matter what their relationship is like rn and as i say everytime if u r enjoying then plz vote and comment💖(real quick no i didnt make a mistake on nini's insta post i typed comments but didnt add any comments cause there werent any comments on her post at the time but that doesnt mean there still isn't a comment section its just an empty comment section; hope that makes sense)

Song mentioned:

To Be So Lonely by Harry Styles