Chapter 9

I woke up in a cell. Yes, a jail cell. A girl about 17 was sleeping on the cold, hard floor. I checked around me. The cell was empty. It had a bunk bed and a dirty toilet. It was very small. I was sweating. I stomped my feet. I was angry. I couldn't control it. More tears start streaming down my face. The girl woke up. She stretched and then looked at me strangely. "What are you doing here?" She asked. I stayed quietly. Then I looked at her. " I ran away from a homeless shelter" Tears started again. "Whats ya name chunk?" She asked. "Alexis" I said. I didn't care what she called me. I just wanted to leave. "Yours?"  I sniffed. "Amber, known as Moet. Don't ask why. " She stared  at me. She definitely was cold hearted. She didn't care if I was crying. She didn't care about my pain. "What are you here for?" I asked. "Stealing. Robbing a store with a couple of my mans" she said with a smirk on her face. I heard the door unlock. A African-American women opened the door, "Alexis?" she called. I glanced up. "That's me" I told her. She told me to follow her. She guided me to the visitor station. John was standing there waiting for me. He looked up at me. "Alexis!!" He hugged me. As tight as he can. " Don't worry, I will find a way to get you out of here." He told me. "You have 6 more minutes. Hurry it up!" The African American woman told us. "Bye John. See you." I told him. "Bye Alexis. I love you." John told me. I knew he meant it. So I 'had' to say it back. "I love you too" I hugged him and he kissed me on the cheek. I left the room.