Chapter 8

I couldn't concentrate on John right now. I know I will seem him later in life. I was more focused on getting caught. I was missing for 3 days now. I don't know what should I do? Should I keep running or should I turn myself in? I ran across the street. I ran down to the subway. I looked around. Isaiah was there. He ran over to me. "Alexis! Where have you been?!" Isaiah questioned me. "I went to a friend house. I slept over." I told him. "Really? Well are you in school?" "Yes." I had to lie. I didn't need no more questions in my life about why I don't go to school everyday. "That's great! Ya know when I was in school, we-" I felt like I just muted him out. I didn't really care about his life story. "Yeah. Well, Isaiah I just wanted to check up on you. See you later." I said cutting him off. I ran up the stairway. All I saw was red and blue lights flashing around. I  was nervous and I knew it was the police. I ran all the way past the police cars and men. They didn't seem to notice me. I ran as far as I could. I felt like somebody was going after me. I glanced back and saw 4 police men running to get me. My legs became numb and I couldn't feel them no more. I fell instantly on the ground. Loads of tears coming from my eyes. The police men tackled me all the way down and put me in handcuffs. I was now traped. No more freedom for me.