Chapter Thirty

This is the last chapter!

Hope you enjoy!

*** REWRITTEN ***

Life with the Blake Brothers

Chapter Thirty

Lexi’s POV

“You’re busted.” I said as Oliver came in through the front door. He took a step back his eyes wide.

“What are you talking about?” he asked.

“I know where you’ve been.” I taunted. “When were you going to tell me you volunteered at the hospital?”

“How do you know?”

“Nurse Hailey called the house the other day asking for you. She wanted to tell you about Melanie’s current health, but you weren’t here. When were you going to tell me?” I asked again.

“You’re not going to make fun of me?” he asked keeping his eyes locked onto the ground in front of his shoes. Was that what he was afraid of? I wasn't going to make fun of him. I thought it was admirable that he wanted to spend his time helping people.

“Why would I make fun of you?”

“For wanting to be there, for wanting to be a doctor.”

“You want to be a doctor?” I asked totally shocked, “That’s amazing Oliver.” I paused, “But we tell each other everything How come you didn’t tell me this?”

“My brother’s just don’t understand—“

“So you thought I wouldn’t either.” I interrupted placing my hands on my hips. “You know I’m not like that, I’ll support you in whatever you want to be. And I know who else would support you.” I teased.

“Who?” he asked.

“Jackie.” At the mention of her name his cheeks reddened and I laughed.

“You’re so adorable,” I cooed squeezing his cheeks, “you really like her don’t you?”

“I do.” He confirmed wrapping me in a brotherly hug and kissing the top of my head. “Thanks for understanding.”

“That’s what I’m here for.” I told him. "But you'll tell her soon won't you. She wouldn't like you keeping this from her. So please tell me that you're going to tell her."

"I will soon." He said.

"Promise me," He groaned at the mention of a promise but stuck out his pinky anyway and said, "Promise." With that I smiled and made my way back towards my room, a little skip in my step.

I spent the rest of the day at the hospital, watching over Melanie. She still looked ghostly pale but nevertheless she kept a big smile on her face. She made jokes, and taunted people, and still realized what was actually happening. Just the sight of her had me remembering the nightmare I had and I couldn't be happier that she was still here and breathing.

Melanie, the girl that I have become extremely close to and love her like a sister, was dying. She had fully accepted it, now she was just waiting for her time to go. And she lived every minute of it with a smile on her face.

“You really mean it?” she stared shockingly at the nurse in front of her.

“As long as you have adult supervision and a nurse there, yes you can.” She told Melanie. "I will be the nurse accompanying you."