Play Your Cards Right

(A/n: You guys should check out my new book Without Gala There Is Not. I'm still figuring that one out but I think feedback from you guys on it could help with what I want to do with it. I have an idea for it's plot. Now onto the story- Enjoy!)

This Anne Boleyn is an absolute nuisance. I whish her back in France choking on the French King's "royal jewels" than here.

She stared me down today thrice and it's more annoying than anything else. But there is a one good thing about her.

The fact that she exploited the weakness that is Catherine of Aragon and how unhappy the King was with her. A sad thing to think about but it must be considered in the long hall.

Anne made the Queen of England, the most self sufficient and strong of all the Queens in Europe current (besides myself), insecure in her own home.

The fact was Anne was young and had potential. Catherine had nothing but Spain and her daughter and only one of those was reliable. A woman could not rule right now in this day and age. At least not in England.

So with the Queen's position compromised it'll be easy to find a suitable solution for this issue.

I can help him get a legal divorce, unlike Anne. And offer him way more than just that and a son. I can bring him riches and more military power, an alliance with at least five nations and a suitor for his daughter Mary.

But what else would I get out of this?
I guess a heir would be nice. And having a step daughter and actual daughter would be pleasing as well. But I could also just pick another King.

I don't think that would be satisfying though. It wouldn't satisfy my new need to crush Anne.

Looking arcoss the ball room at the King on his golden thrown I can see him locking eyes onto me. Like a predator. Just like-

"Princess Cassandra! Oh it is such a pleasure to meet with you again," an unknown yet familiar voice calls to me.

I rip my eyes from the redheaded King to look at his mistress. Anne was decked out in pearls and diamonds and other precious jewels. Her gown was a bright orange that had spashes of white lace in the shape of flowers. Her long auburn hair was tied up and out of mind in a neat bun with braids going into it.

She also wore a small tiara ontop of her head.

I glace down at my own outfit. A simple Grecian yellow gown with blue lace and a corset in place to assist with my posture and form of the dress. I wore a simple later of three silver chain necklaces with jewels of blues, yellows, and greens. My hair was down in a long braid with a few stands of ebony curls framing my face. Instead of a typical crown I wore a head band forged in gold with golden chains dripping lightly into my forehead.

I know I look stunning. But so does Anne.

I need to out do her in every way. To intimadate her  and her family. I have nothing to prove. All I need is a moment with the King and dressing up is the best way to do that.

"Greetings, Anne. How do you fair."

"I fair just well, and yourself?"

I begin to walk to the table behind her and she follows. Grabbing a glass filled with wine I take a swig and smirk at her easily.

"Just fine. I wrote to my father the other day, I was hoping to bring my sisters to England."

Anne tilts her head, a devious look on her face. "Oh really?"

Nodding I fake a smile.

"Why yes. I was thinking the Queen could use some new ladies and they could use some....spiritual guidance."

She scowls and turns to look at where the Queen sat, with her cousin and a lady.

"Does she not have enough already? There are so many of her's around court I can hardly breath without one of them judging me-"

I bring the rim of the glass to my lips and hiss," Oh but it's so easy to judge an adulterous woman."

She turns her icy eyes to me, oh how truly average she is. Her noes scrunched up and I couldn't help but be reminded of Marista.

"And what is that supposed to mean, Lady Cassandra-"

Moving my glass away from my mouth I glare at her for a moment and snapped at her, " I believe you meant Princess Cassandra. I am no mere lady and you'd do well to remember that."

She moved to say something but I was already walking away.

"And I do not have to explain myself to anyone . And don't you forget it"

I was making my way to the throwns in the room. People parted and made way for me quickly and quietly without fuss. They all knew of my status and how important it was to please me.

Locking eyes with the King I take the last swig of my wine for what I was about to do. I need to be not totally drunk but lucid enough to maybe compromise. And hopefully not be to abrasive.

It didn't take long until I was right in front of Henry. I move to curtsy but he stops me with a fond smile. As if he knew me.

As he was-

Shaking my head mentally I fake a smile back. Surprising myself with how real it felt.

He stands and walks closer to me before we were almost chest to chest.

All eyes turned to us.

"You highness," I said tilting my head in respect.

He reciprocates with a bigger grin and the same motion," Your highness! What a lovely surprise!"

"I wished to thank you for your hospitality and grace. Your court has been very much enjoyable and I cannot wait for our future partnership as allies if all things go smoothly in the next few days."

"Thank you for ever being so kind. It is a pleasure to have you, your grace."

My eyes twiches subtly at that but I kept on my smile.

"I am also happy to be able to offer you more than an alliance but also a few gifts."

He smirks and leans into my ear. At this point everyone, even Catherine, were back to their business.

"What kind of gift~"

"A marriage proposal."