The Queen But Not For Long

I walked to  my chambers to be greeted by an empty room with a note on my dresser. My ladies have gone to socialize before a ball that was to be held later tonight.  Maritsa added her own note stating that she was busy getting my gowns, jewels, and silks ready for tonight. I wasn't surprised that the german was working even while she was free to do whatever she pleased. But I can't really force her to do anything anyway. 

I was bored and alone with my thoughts but it didn't bother me that much. I can plan out my next move as a "represenitive of peace" from Greece.  I need a husband or at least a suitor to get my father out of my hair and seem like a strong Queen capable of bearing heirs for my kingdom. Then I can take back Morea and get that bastard out of my palace. The first on the agenda is to get Catherine out of the way safely. I may not be especially fond of Henry, but England would be a good asset to have and I have to create an allience after all. It'd be killing two birds with one stone if I married the King.

But at the same time it was risky......What if removing Catherine ruins the shaky relationship we have with Spain? The Pope isn't a problem as Greece has always been a friend of Italy and Florence. That will just never change. But Spain and the HRE was unpredictable. The Emperor looked out for himself and no one else like the selfish inbred pig that he is. I can't stand him but I can tolorate his rule over the Spainish as long as he minded his damn business and left Greece and Morea out of his bullshit. 

France was nothing to worry about as long as we don't spite the Pope or them directly. Which is easy to do and easy to avoid respectfully. But the only thing about them that concerns me is the KIng's relationship with the Boleyns. It is no secret that the King Francis has been riding the Lady Mary Boleyn and passed her on to Henry. 

She wasn't called the Grand Prostitute for her great virtues.....

But she was already a pariah from what I can see. She was no trouble and no competition. Her sister on the other hand....Now she was a bitch. I don't believe that Anne wanted the title of MIstress but I can't fault her for flaunting it the way that she does. She is the voice that whispers in the KIng's ear, his vice and the ray of hope for an heir. She wasn't exactly exotically beautiful either. Her features where quite standard. But her eyes! Oh those eyes that haunt men's dreams and leech off their souls. She has a shot at being the next Queen if the KIng is granted a divorce. 

She's the very reason he wanted one in the first place and will probably tear the nation apart for it.

But I know I'm the better option, as I can easily come to an agreement with the Pope and the Emperor. All I need to do is send-MY SISTERS! Shit, I almost forgot all about my request for their arival.........this will do nicely.

Father would probably rather they are in my care than anything else anyway. He had other duties besides shoving his daughters into the beds of powerful men after all. I belive I should be getting a response soon if he ever got the damned thing.

A knock at the door brought me out of my thoughts, "Do come in."

A young lady in a maid's attire entered, her head hanging low so I could not see her face or eyes, she hands me a letter. I turn it over and see my family wax ceil. Inod to her, "You may be dismissed."

Speak of the devil and his letter shall arrive I guess. 

I pop open the seil and skim through the letter. And I am pleased.