--1--

Next door to me lives a neighbour I've known since childhood. My complete opposite, loud, brash and a mentalist at that. As a child, he used to perform magic tricks in the park, in fact I jumped on him trying to find the hidden cards and that's how we met.

I cant help but smile thinking of his flushed face as my old man pulled me off him. What made it more awkward, hes older then me. While I'm in high school, hes a college student trying to break into the entertainment industry.

His name... Asagiri Gen.

Black hair, cut into a bob and deep brown eyes, dare I say, he looks a thing of beauty. At least that's how I've come to see him these past several years.

I suppose looking at the opposite sex st my age is not illogical but looking at the same sex with such desire isn't something I expected. I never realised one could have such desire to embrace another person. I'm not the type of person who appreciates the touch of another though if Gen were to touch me (to which he does) I do not mind it. I wouldn't call it an illogical feeling when he touches me of smiles towards me.

Sometimes I will run into him, sometimes purposely, I t he morning so I can accompany him on his work to the near by college. When my old man is working late or away for lectures, Gen always insists on bringing me a meal and will sit at the table to eat with me. It's nice, not to feel alone.

I admit, on days I do not see Gen, I do feel sad. I miss the way he'll call me "Senku-Chan" or how his hand will brush mine. I dare to say, my gut goes into knots when Gen is around and I have strong desire to explore it.

Am I mad? Perhaps, I am often told this. Though I sometimes dare to ask Gen, if he still.means the promise we made as children:

"When we grow up, well get married Senku-Chan."