Epilogue

Location: Sierra Leone, Africa
Time: 8:47 am

Dr. Kim and his team landed on their destination after a long time travelling on air.

He stretched his arms up, loving the feeling of the wind hitting his face and the warmth coming from the heat of the sun.

It's their first day in Africa as part of their mission to help fight hunger and starvation within the land.

All the volunteer nurses and doctors from all over the world gathered in that place to help those in need of medical assistance.

There were also volunteers who brought relief goods and other supplies in order to give help to a massive number of people who were less privileged.

"You seemed to be excited." Jimin uttered, nudging him on his side.

"I've never done this for a while." Taehyung answered, thankful to have Jimin by his side as a volunteer.

They made their way to the van, waiting for them in the airport as their journey began.

It was by afternoon when they reached the first town where they're going to hand some supplies and offer medical services.

There were a lot of people who fell in line as soon as they arrived.

Taehyung felt his heart clench at the sight of the children running around, obviously malnourished and dehydrated.

He looked at their faces, seeing how hard it must be for them to live with barely nothing to eat.

He sighed, controlling his emotions as he forced a smile. These people don't need pity. They need help and Taehyung is more than willing to serve for them.

Throughout the day, Taehyung and the others worked nonstop in the middle of the scorching heat.

He could feel his sweat forming on his forehead, but he didn't mind. He continued giving free vaccines to the little ones who were a bit scared of the injection, but with a little convincing, he was able to make them face their fears.

"Tae. Have a break for a while. You've been working all day." Jimin came to his side.

Taehyung smiled. "I will once I finish with this." He assured as he went back to cleaning a child's wound.

He was busy with the task when he felt a small hand poking his side.

Taehyung turned to look and saw a small boy handing him a handkerchief.

"Uh.. is this for me?" He asked, smiling.

The little boy just nodded his head, giving him the cloth before running away.

Taehyung couldn't help but smile. He stared at the handkerchief, noticing that it has an expensive brand.

He tried looking for the boy, but due to the number of children running around, Taehyung couldn't find him anymore.

He shrugged his shoulders and stared at the handkerchief once more before using it to wipe the sweat off his face.

Taehyung stopped, smelling a familiar scent coming from the fabric. His eyes widened, quickly looking around as his heart began to thump off his chest.

It couldn't be..

He excused himself, asking someone to take charge of his post for a while as he went to look around.

Taehyung might be wrong or just desperate, but he knows the scent too well.

It's the smell of him.