FIVE: Shaky Countenance

Photo: Sweaty Namjoon. Image from google.

............

"Boy, you'd better get a hold of yourself! If you're not going to do something about it, then at least learn to control it." Sejin yelled on the other side of the bathroom door. He didn't mean to yell but he's been watching Namjoon for the past 8 days and each day has been worse than the last. The younger man has been in and out of the cold shower to help with the intense body heat that usually spikes ever so often in a day. Unfortunately, there was only so much or so little the mage could do. Bottom line is Namjoon needs to act on his primal instinct to satisfy his inner wolf. The longer the beast is unsatisfied, the more painful it is for him. Which then leads to him transforming anytime, anywhere.

"Hyuuuungggg! Help me!" Namjoon yelled back from the other side, with a whine! Yes he whined! Who's the all powerful alpha now?

Namjoon walked out of the bathroom with just a towel wrapped around his midsection. His hair was spiky messy and dripping wet. His face half covered with a three days beard and there seems to be this semi permanent redness on his cheekbones. His body was covered in goosebumps. The rippling of muscles with each step he takes attests to the extreme effort he's putting to keep his control. His shoulders were slumped forward in defeat making him look like a beaten dog rather than an alpha werewolf. But the kicker was....his eyes. His pupils looked like they've permanently changed colours into silver grey with startling amber specks, the whites bloodshot. He half walked- half crawled to the bed in the middle of his hotel room. He threw himself on the bed, face down, with a long defeated sigh.

"Hyung, I can't do this anymore! It hurts too much! Please, pleeeeaaassseee just help me."

"Joon..." Sejin began softly but then stopped. In all honesty, as he looks at his charge right this moment and he feels nothing but sympathy for the younger man. Watching him struggle and look so pathetically helpless brings out the fatherly instinct in him. So against his better judgement, Sejin started waving his hand in an intricate pattern to create the calming spell in order for Namjoon to temporarily not feel the demands of his inner werewolf. Hopefully, he would be able to get a little rest before it starts happening again.

"Thank you hyung." Namjoon mumbled as soon as he starts feeling the effects of the calming spell.

"You know I can't keep doing a spell on you right?" Sejin remarked, walking over to the liquor cabinet. He opened two individual bottles of whisky and poured the dark brown liquid in two glasses. He waited until Namjoon got up and sat on the chair before handing him a glass.

"As you might have noticed by now, the effects are lasting shorter every time. Pretty soon the spell won't work on you at all." Sejin continued while taking a sip of the whisky.

"I know." Namjoon replied. He gently shook the glass in his hand, watching the alcohol twirl inside. "But what the hell am I suppose to do? I can't just act on it."

"There really is no other choice though. Your inner werewolf is asking for it's mate. You can't keep it waiting any longer Joon. Otherwise, sooner or later, it's going to decide to come out and you would have no power to stop it. I mean, look at you man! You're barely keeping it together now. Your sister's wedding is today. Like, this afternoon! In 6 hours! You can't not show up to that. Let's just say, we'll put off confronting the pack for now, but you can't put off your sister's wedding. She'll eat you alive! Oh and don't even start with what your mother is going to do to you. I could barely keep them away from you in the last 8 days. I've been making up some shitty excuse about how you need some rest. They both know I'm lying too. If they weren't too busy with the wedding, I'm sure they'd have knocked that door down a long time ago." Sejin lectured softly while taking more sips of the whisky in his hand.