The Accused

Chapter 8

The Accused

Location: Radiator Springs

Time: 9:15AM

"They're all asking the same question: Where is McQueen?"

Lightning was now in the impound slowly waking up "He's waking up!" He heard a female gruff voice say "Finally!" Another younger female voice said "Oh, boy. Oh... Where am I?" When Lightning's eyes cleared up he saw a rusty tow truck, a pink hudson hornet, and a aquamarine camry in front of him "Morning, sleeping beauty!"

Lightning jumped and yelped, making Mater, Grace, and Ivy laugh "Boy, We was wondering when you was gonna wake up!" Mater yelled as Grace and Ivy continued to giggle "Take whatever you want! Just don't hurt me!" Lightning then tried to back up but the parking boot on his front tire prevented him "The parking boot? Why do I have a parking boot on? What's going on here?! Please!"

"Bro it's okay you're fine!" Grace said as Mater chuckled "You're funny, I like you already. My name's Mater." Mater said making Lightning stop and look over at Mater "Mater?" Lightning asked "Yeah, like "tuh-mater", but without the "tuh"! This right here is Grace and Ivy! What's your name?"

"You-You don't know my name?" Lightning asked a bit confused "Um, no, I know your name, is your name "Mater" too?" Mater asked making Grace and Ivy chuckle "What? Look, I need to get to California as fast as possible, where am I?" Lightning asked "Where are you?! Shoot! You're in Radiator Springs! The cutest little town in Carburetor County."

"Oh, great. Just great!" Lightning said with sarcasm as he looked around at the scene "Well, if you think that's great, you should see the rest of the town." Mater said as Ivy and Grace drove off and Lightning slowly put on a smile "You know? I'd love to see the rest of the town! So if you could just open the gate, take this boot off, you and me, we go cruising, check out the local scene-"

"Dadgum!" Mater turned to the button on the floor that opens the gate "How'd that be, Tuhmater?" Lightning asked "COOL!" Mater was just about to press the button with his tire until "MATER!"

Mater stopped and backed up as Sheriff drove over "What did I tell you about talking to the accused?!" Sheriff asked making Lightning frown "To not to." Mater said as Sheriff backed up next to the button "Well, quit yer yapping and tow this delinquent road hazard to traffic court." Sheriff pressed the button making the gate open "Well, we'll talk later, Mater."

Mater chuckles as he drives past Lightning ""Later, Mater." That's funny!"

"AHH!"