chapter 11

Sorry this is late. I hope you haven't lost interest.

When Monday rolled around the morning went pretty much the same as last week accept this time barry dealed with it he had been acting very weary since he witnessed the beginning of one of her break downs he hesitated before he asked her to do anything and whenever rosie misbehaved he was the one to scold her he probably figured he had pushed her to far and that she was about to quit.

"I'm driving you to school today" Barry said picking up rosies packed lunch thst she had just finished putting together.

"Won't you be late for work?" Caitlin questioned

"I'm working from home today, I don't need to go into the office"

Nodding Caitlin called rosie over so she could do her hair, after brushing her hair and tying it into two pig tails   with pink ribbons to match her dress she handed her off to Barry who started his speech about how she needed to behave at school or they wouldn't be going to the diner for icecream.

It was a long speech one that he had been repeating all weekend to her in hopes it would stick.

"Okay are we ready to go?" Barry  Asker the question directed at her.

"Just a second" Caitlin walked towards the mirror and took her lip stick from her bag before running it over her lips then tightening her pony tail. She really_ a liked this dress it was her favourite it was simple and while it wasnt the best thing to wear for the weather because the bergandy materal was light  and only fell just under her knees but she had a thick grey woven trench coat that went with almost everything.

"Okay" she said turning away from the mirror "how do I look?"

"Really good" barry said and she blushed slightly the question was directed at Rosie ans jf barry knew thst he didnt think before he spoke. He turned away from her quickly and Rosie broke through the awkwardness.

"You look pretty Caitlin" she said tugging at the skirt of her dress to exagerate her point "when im big like you I'm going to be pretty like you"

"Your already beautiful" Caitlin told her

"But nit like you" she said exasperated "when I'm grown up I'm going to have makeup and lots and lots of pretty dresses like this" she eyes the lipstick as Caitlin put it back in her bag "can I wear lipstick?"

"No" Barry and caitlin repliedat the same time

Pouting Rosie took Caitlin's hand ans they walked to the car "when I grow up I'm going to be very pretty like Caitlin" Rosie annouced "so I need make up"

"You dint need makeup to be pretty" Barry said starting thr car "and neither does Caitlin"

"Yes she does"

Caitlin huffed "thanks for that rose"

"I'm going to wear red lipstick and have long long long hair" she said thinking allowed "and i wont go to school"

"When your cailtins age you wont have to go to school"

"Nut barry thats in a long time" she whined.

"I know be greatful"

"I wish i was a grownup" she grumbled turning to look out the window.

Barry and caitlin shared a look and Caitlin turned back in her seat to watch her "its not that fun beung a grownup, you need to get a job"

"No you dont" she argued

"Oh? Then how are you going to buy a house?"

"I'm going to get married and have babies" she stated as matter of fact