Caught Peeking

Aleks pov

While walking down the hallway after second period to go get lunch i heard a loud bang. All of the students had already cleared out of the hallway, even the stragglers, and I seemed to be alone. It sounded like a gunshot and made my blood run cold. I wanted to run away but my morbid curiosity won me over and i wound up outside the door it originated from. Apparently the loud noise came from my english classroom. Taking in a shaky breath and trying to drown out the sound of my thundering heart I pushed open the door slightly and peeked in. A lanky, tall, tan man with short black hair stood over my favorite teacher, pointing a gun expertly at where his head used to be. My stomach flopped and I got tunnel vision.  My "dad" teacher was now dead and this F.B.I looking guy relaxed his arms, putting them back to his sides.  I retreated silently and as soon as he could no longer hear me I took off in a sprint, slamming into the cafeteria doors i tried to regain my composure but failed. Nearly throwing up and on the verge of passing out my mind wouldn't stop searching for answers. Why was he killed? Couldn't anybody else hear the shot?

After ten long minutes of hovering near the lunch room doors I decided I didn't have an appetite anymore and probably wouldn't want to eat meat again for a long time. Sighing I walked away and somehow ended up back in front of the classroom that made me queasy. Why did they want him dead? Kept floating through my mind. I wanted to-- needed to find out. Mustering up some courage like I had before, i entered the room; it was so eerily silent in there I got the chills. There was no rotting stench like I had anticipated but there was definitely the smell of a clogged toilet. Gross. I shuffled over to Mr.Johnsons desk and saw a tan manilla folder. Picking it up off the table as if it were nothing I opened it and read the contents.  Inside the folder was paperwork, flipping to the only seemingly important page, it had a few black-out lines but I could at least make out the important sentences.

Target: Mark --- Johnson

Reason:  Convicted pedophile and rapist, got away from the dogs after the ------ chase. ----- Recently committed more crimes.

More was written under the Reason category but was inked out. I kept reading.

Notes: Stop him from doing more harm; he already gave us the slip twice.  Do the deed and get out of there or I will have you suspended for a month.  This time remember to not leave the crime scene for an hour or I will have your head.  

        Wide-eyed and on the verge of a panic attack i whipped my head in the direction of the door. His murderer was standing there as expected.  ".. to not leave the crime scene for an hour..." It had only been ten minutes! with a hand in his pocket and a hip cocked, he looked more relaxed than anyone I'd ever seen before. So casually dangerous was the vibe he gave me. His short black hair swept across his forehead perfectly and his tailored suit was in impeccable condition. This guy is obviously a neat freak and a slip up like some high-school-nerd-boy catching him red handed wasn't gonna be allowed. He sighed and in a surprisingly deep voice warned me,"You should run you know,"He smirked and raised an eyebrow at me before giving me the title of,"Prey." My heart exploded and i broke out in a cold sweat, frantically searching for an escape route. There was none. He fucking called me prey. He's going to kill me. Please please ple- i begged him in my mind to stop and apparently my mental prayers were answered as James Wilson appeared in the doorway. He got the agent into a headlock and held an extremely sharp knife to his throat. "You should be the one running." James chuckled darkly and pressed hard enough to draw blood. The agent grit his teeth and somehow flipped James onto the floor, James' breath was knocked out of him and a large thump was heard upon impact. I cringed at the sound and could only watch as the "agent" retreated.