Love Love Kevin & Shower Leaks

Aleks POV

James had frantically grabbed my sleeve and asked me if I was still willing to give him a chance. My expression softened and I said, "Of course," I turned to face him and took his hand in mine, "I don't need some badass who is out of my league, I need James Wilson." I peeked down at him and my heart basically melted; he looked so relieved and happy, sitting there with a small smile and sparkling eyes full of love. The sight was bittersweet as my mind flashed back to the woman in the slums I'd seen before.  Her deadpan stare and soft eyes assaulted my mind, causing me to space out for a moment.  I considered asking James about the lady but after all he'd told me just now; It might be too much. "Get up, let's go find a hotel." I patted his hand and lifted him, throwing his arm over my shoulder to support his wobbly body.  The blood loss is getting to him. "How'd you hurt your chin?" I piped up, surprised I had only noticed it under the light.  James grumbled and lightly brushed over the wound. "Probably split when I passed out and fell." 

My chest hurt and my throat burned as I recalled James searching for me while falling unconscious. Tonight was a trainwreck. We stumbled around until we had reached the gas station I'd spotted before.  The Motel 6 there was not the best, but it was the only thing we could afford with the money on us. I felt bad for the store clerk as she looked terrified at the sight of two bloodied teens but I lied to her, saying it was just a fight between kids and that we'll clean up. 

I stepped out of the shower with a fluffy white towel wrapped around my waist. The steam had engulfed the entire room, turning it into a sauna. I was about to open the door and step out when a loud pounding was heard from outside.  "Hurry the fuck up! I have wounds to clean here!" James' booming voice sounded from the other side. I smirked, "Oh no, Mr.Wilson, my shower has a leak. Are you here to fix it?" I said, feigning a girly voice.  James growled louder and pounded on the door harder, shaking the walls as he yelled, "This isn't a damn porno, Aleksandr! Get the hell out!" I laughed and let him in only to rush past him and put on some clothes once I realized I was buck naked with a tiny towel covering me. James had obviously noticed as his anger washed away immediately and his red face from rage became rosey from embarrassment instead.  Throwing on James' hoodie and my pants, the cleanest items around, I jogged over to the 24/7 gas station.  Picking some cheesy and ugly novelty tees off a shelf and also buying some food I headed back up to our hotel room.  

My heart began thudding against my chest and I didn't understand why.  It was only me and James in a room together... all night, alone. My face burned and I had a tiny panic attack in front of the door.  I'm such an idiot! Nothing will happen; James is hurt and he's never forced anything upon me before aside from hugs. Ignoring the pang in my gut I threw open the door revealing a tanned, tall James in only a pair of boxer briefs.  My face must have looked ridiculous as I swung the door shut and tried to soothe my pounding heart. I tried to regain composure for a while but that ended when a now fully dressed James opened the door and pulled me in.  "The hell you doin' out there? You're gonna catch a cold, you know." He didn't seem to comprehend my plight and I was thankful for it. "U-uh nothing." I said and revealed the bag of groceries in my grasp. "I bought some pajamas for us and some junk food.  Also, bandages." James sauntered over and peeked into the bag, "Ooh! Gimme dat!" He said, whipping out his tee and a bag of garden salsa chips. I set down the things and went to the bathroom to throw on my shirt and remove my dirty pants, grabbing a bag of chips I flopped down next to James on the bed. 

Groggy and now full I giggled and looked James up and down.  "What?" He asked bluntly. "Nothing," I said laughing, "Just glad you're here with me." He looked at me like I was an alien but reached over from his seat and ruffled my hair. His hands are big and warm.  "You're crazy so I have to protect you.  Get some sleep, idiot." He said in his usual tone but his eyes were sweet and his smile was soft. I burrowed deeper into the blankets and did just that. Truly thankful I wasn't alone in this mess.