Chapter 2

I took a deep, shaky breath. Its my first day at this new high school, and I was pretty nervous. One of the Holland sisters attended this school about a grade or two below me... And their brother, Kenny. Or Kenneth, his full name I had heard from his sister.

"Livvy, you'll be okay!" London, the Holland sibling that attended this school, reassured me. (I don't know any of their names besides Madison [the oldest], so if I butcher things or screw up, don't hate xD).

"Alright, Londy!" I mocked while she laughed a little.

"Here's your first class! See ya!" London waved and smiled one last time. Well, my schedule went a little something like...

First period: History-E2
Second Period: English-F7
Third Period: PE-GYM
Fourth Period: Spanish-G1
Lunch
Fifth Period: Science-D5
Sixth Period: Math-H3
Seventh Period: Dance-Dance Studio

My eyes scanned the list, and froze on the last one. I thought I had signed up for choir! Oh god, anything but dance. I suck, like, really bad.

I walked into my first class and then just, did stuff.

***

It was lunch time, and I was sitting next to London and her friends, plus some other girls that were around.

I noticed this one guy nearby, he was fairly cute, and he was in all my classes so far. He looked at London, kind of protectively, I don't know. He glanced at me, and I quickly looked away. I was probably staring.

"Liv! You're in Dance?" London asked. I nodded sheepishly.

"Oh gosh, that's really hard to get into!" A friend of hers said.

"Um, I originally signed up for choir, but-" I started, but was cut off.

"You can sing?!" London asked a little loudly.

"U-Uh, I mean, um, well... Y-yes, but-" I stuttered, but was cut off again.

"No way! Kenny likes to sing too! I think he has a singing partner," London said with a huge smile, "You have to sing for us sometime!"

"U-Um, sure." I blushed then looked away.

"The only way to get into dance is to have a Performing Arts record, oh and by the way... Dance is for those who are 'gifted' in the Performing Arts category," London said with a roll of her eyes.

"Um, I acted all of middle school, and, uh, did choir from 9th to 11th grade," I slowly and quietly said.

"That explains it!" Lodon said.

I laughed slightly and continued eating my lunch. After lunch, I had Science and Math... Both had the same guy that was in my earlier classes and had watched London protectively.

Then it was time for Dance...

I appeared at the door to the studio, and slowly pushed it open. There weren't too many people here, about 20-25 max. Then the guy, the same one I described earlier, walked through.

He smiled at me a little, so I gave a shy smile back.

The dance instructors, Mrs. Heelag and Mr. Heelag, gathered everyone to the center of the room.

"Hi, everyone! As you know, this Dance class is only for the Performing Arts kids! And you're one of the few!" Mrs. Heelag said excitedly.

"Right! Here are some uniforms, so get changing! The girls dressing room is the right door, and the boys changing room is the left door!" Mr. Heelag said while pointing to two doors near each other.