Chapter 6

"Right now?" I asked while abruptly ending my small strumming session.

"Yeah, I heard you sing twice now. So I wanna hear it a third time," Kenny said with a reassuring smile. Sighing, I ran a hand through my hair and bit my lip.

"Promise you won't laugh?" I asked while Kenny raised his eyebrows

"Laugh? Why would I?"

"Well, I make these weird faces whenever I sing..." I said while looking away and now gazing out the window.

"I do too! Not I know for sure that I'm not the only one who makes faces!" Kenny enthusiastically said. I softly smiled and then started strumming.

***

I opened my eyes, which I didn't know were closed, and saw a smiling Kenny. He didn't do anything, was he trying to reassure me for taking criticism? I have no idea of what he was going to do.

"Uh, I'll just... Leave?" I slowly shuffled towards the door. Then I felt two arms grab me and fling me back, I shut my eyes and waited. I opened them and saw that I was basically sitting between Kenny's legs.

"That was amazing!" Kenny put his chin on my head.He put his phone in front of me and I saw the recording of me singing. Since when did he record me?

"Kenny! Delete it!" I said with a heavy blush on my cheeks. I reached for the phone, but he had the advantage because he was behind me. I sat up and practically chased him for his phone.

"Cmon, Liv! I liked it. I won't show it to anybody!" Kenny laughed. I jumped and tackled him on the floor.

"No! Its still embarrassing..." I mumbled. Kenny took advantage of my small arms and flipped me over so that he was pinning me. He was laughing and smiling. It made me feel fuzzyish inside.

"Well, I'll have to persuade you."

"How?" I asked while trying to get out of his grip.

"This!" Kenny started tickling my sides while I laughed and squirmed.

"You better wait til my fingers reach your armpits!" I said while struggling for air. Kenny laughed and got off of me, he said something about my sentence being the weirdest thing he ever heard.

"So, what do we do now?" I asked while Kenny helped me stand up.

"Um, hold on. Can you hold my phone in place while you touch the screen. I'm going to sing and post it." Post it? Where? YouTube?

"Sure." I recorded Kenny while he sang. When he stopped, he checked his phone and started tapping the screen.

"Do you have a Vine account?" Kenny asked after he put his phone down.

"What's that?"

"Its this app that let's you post 6-7 second videos. They repeat over and over again. You can basically do anything in them. People get famous, ever hear of MAGCON?" Kenny asked while he sat next to me on his bed.

"Um, no. I don't think so." I gave Kenny my phone so he could download the app and make me an account. He looked like he wanted to anyways.

Kenny named my account: Livvy Johns

"Um, ok. Let me find and follow you, then we can make a Vine together. We can like, comment, and revine Vines. Revine is like sharing on your profile."

"Okay, what do I do?" I asked while I opened up the camera thing.

"Touch the screen like last time. Then do anything until it stops recording."

I started recording, we both started at the camera for a good 5 seconds. Then I put my hand on Kenny's face while the video thing came to an end.

"So I just... Post this? And add this caption-title thing?" I asked while Kenny said that I could add tags and tag people. I posted the Vine and it showed me doing what I just did 10 seconds ago. Over and over. A notification popped up and said that Kenny liked and revined. He also followed me shortly after.

"Now you can make more Vines and find more people!" Kenny said as I followed him and l saw his countless Vines. He had a lot of female followers. Its kinda cool watching a cute guy doing stuff, and you can watch him over and over- What. Liv, no. You're just friends, you can't screw any emotions around.

"That's nice. So, I see that Mr. Famous has a few lady followers. What's this? MrsHolland. KennyHollandisbae. Kenny you have some... Nice fans," I tried to hold in a laugh.

"Yeah, just thank me that I didn't name you Livvy Holland, not that I would mind though." I shoved Kenny playfully while he laughed and lightly pushed me back.

"Kidding! Or am I?"

"I don't know what to do now!" I said while I laid back on the bed.

"Well, I do have something coming up in December. Since that's only two months away, I'll tell you this now. For Winter Break, I'm going on this tour called DigiTour!" Kenny said happily.

"Oh, so... You'll be gone all break?" I asked while trying to mask my sadness. I'd be alone, minus Fi and Jaren. But I'd be like a third wheel.

"Yeah. We will be!" Kenny said.

"I'm coming?!" I asked while my eyes widened. Kenny laughed and nodded. So I squealed in excitement and basically tackled him back in a hug. He smelled nice. I don't care if I said that in my mind, he does.

"I got permission from your mom. She sounded sort if sad, but she told me to look after you," Kenny said. I get why Mom would be sad, but she's usually the very happy kind. Even when I have to leave for a while, she's happy that I get to go and experience new things. She's outgoing and stuff.

I'll have to ask her later.

I released Kenny from my hug and then opened his window. I got into my room and waved to him. He smiled and waved back, then closed his window.

I walked downstairs and heard faint crying. I turned on the lights and saw a bunch of tissues and a picture of my dad. Oh no.

"Mom?" I asked, my voice cracking a slight bit.

"Liv. I have some news. Some you won't like..." Mom said while she took me in for a hug. Tears were already rolling down my cheeks. I've always been sensitive.

"Mom? Where's Dad? He... He always comes back!"

"He's... Been stationed in Afghanistan."