Chapter 9

Honestly, I wish I could rewrite this whole part, but it wouldn't make sense. In my opinion, I absolutely hate this chapter xD But I'm still posting it up for the part of it, it helps add depth into the future parts. Now, I hate those pesky AN's that appear in a few chapters, so times to close this off. Read on!

"Mom... Why haven't you told me?" I asked while I held up her diary. We were currently sitting in her room since I asked her to.

"Where did you find that?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Please answer my question," I said slowly and held the diary back a little in case she reached for it.

"Fine. Erik. I'm assuming you read about him the slightest, yes?" I nodded.

"He... He was my boyfriend before I dated your father. They were best friends, worked in the army together. But then, I received a call from his General..." Mom paused for a second, taking in a shaky breath. She was reliving this when Dad left, "So... They told me that he, uh, got shot. And-and, I didn't know what to do! So eventually, your father gave me comfort, and we started dating and got married."

"So now you're afraid of him dying too?" I asked softly.

"Yes," She said with equal quietness.

I was about to speak when I heard the phone ring.

My mom's eyes widened and she shook her head.

"I got it," I said as I slowly got up. I looked at the

phone and pleaded that Dad wasn't dead. Please, anything but that...

I picked up the phone and held it up to my ear.

"Hello?"

"Liv, can you come over? I need help packing an outfit for Digi," Fi's voice rang out. I smiled, relief washing in. I looked over at Mom and gave her a smile, she only nodded back.

I sighed.

"I'll be right over, Fi. When are we leaving again?" I asked as my mom picked up something and left to go to her room.

"In three days," Fi said calmly.

"Three what?!" I asked as I took the phone, it was cordless, and dashed up to my room where a suitcase was sitting on my bed.

"Yeah, I mean, it was snowing just a few minutes ago! Jaren took me to a cafe after Kenny took you home. Guess what he did?" I smiled as I already knew the answer.

"No," I said as I started rolling my suitcase out, I wanted to ask if my things were alright.

"Yes! He asked me out!" Fi squealed.

"Fi, who's that?" I heard the one and only's voice say.

"I'm talking to Liv!" Fi said as I heard a chuckle

somewhere, "You know, I'm just so excited for what Kenny is gonna do at Digi! Its gonna be perfe-"

"Fi!" Jaren said as I heard Fi gasp.

"What? What's he gonna do?" I asked as I walked over to the area where the phone charger was.

"Oh, he's gonna. Sing! Sing with you!!" Fi said quickly.

"With me?" I asked.

"Yeah! Uh, bye! See you at my house!" Fi rushed. I heard the beep of an ended call and put the phone back in its place.

I sighed and looked behind me, the house looked a little darker than before. I guess one if our lightbulbs blew out. I inhaled and then headed out.

But, what did Kenny have in mind?