Rebels

• Dedicated to Claire

Rei POV--

"Caleb?" I whispered. He looked at me, features softening into the Master I knew.

"You survived." He smiled.

"Yeah." I smirked a bit back. Ezra looked up at the sky, his face pale.

"Guys?" He started, apparently not loud enough.

"It's been quite a day." I commented.

"Day's not over!" Ezra yelped, pointing upwards. A TIE-Fighter swooped down low, starting to fire at us. Kanan leapt off of his speeder; just in time. Two shots hit the abandoned speeder, the gasoline taking the desired effect. In other words, it blew up.

"Let's go!" I yelled, firing up at the TIE once. Caleb jumped on the back of my speeder as Ezra jumped the small wall, separating us from the grass. I followed close behind. The TIE whizzed past us, its shots missing by mere inches. Ezra tuck-and-rolled away from his speeder, the TIE having a lucky shot.

"Here's our ride!" Caleb suddenly jumped off the speeder, firing at the TIE. A ship descended below the cloud line. Caleb grabbed a crate from my speeder. Ezra and I did the same. Dodging blaster shots, Kanan took off running. He jumped and let the Force enhance it. He plopped the crate into the ship and climbed up into it.

"C'mon!" I called to Ezra. I let him try, he barely made it. I closed my eyes, feeling the force around me. I sprinted, suddenly leaping towards the sky. I landed lightly on my feet, setting the crate down, having the anti-grav catch it. I walked forward and let the cargo hold door close behind me. I sighed and looked up. A Mandalorian was there, her helmet still on. A Lasat stared me down and I stared right back. Ezra edged closer to me, and I edged away.

"Well," Caleb broke the awkward scilence. "Rei, meet Zeb," He pointed to the Lasat. "And Sabine." He gestured to the Mandalorian. Sabine nodded and Zeb growled the tiniest bit.

"This is Ezra." I shoved him foreward playfully. "And I'm Rei." Sabine removed her helmet. Ezra looked starstruck. I immediately knew he liked her. I smirked. I leaned back, whispering to Kanan.

"He's force-sensitive." I said simply. Caleb nodded.

"I can tell. That jump wasn't just him was it?" Caleb smiled and looked down at me. He jerked his head to the side and I followed him down a hall.

We stopped at a door. It was grey like any other door, but I knew it was Kanan's. He opened it, revealing a plain room with a bed on the wall in front of us.

"What's happened since I've been gone?" Caleb asked. I was silent for a moment. I thought about multiple things, Tatooine, Corousant, and finally, Lothal.

"Well," I started. "I caught the first ship off the planet on the day of 66." Caleb nodded in understanding. He had his eyes closed and was evidently searching through the Force. "I went to Tatooine first, and I spent less than a month there. Next, I went to Lothal, where I found Master Bridger." Kanan opened his eyes slowly and looked up at me, surprised.

"Master Bridger?" He asked. "He went missing. How did you find him?" I smiled, closing my eyes for the moment. I called back the memories.

[{(Magical dream-statey-thingy)}]

3rd Person POV--

A small girl walks through a crowded marketplace on the planet Lothal. She had just gotten there three hours before. She kept her eyes trained on the ground and her senses outstretched to look for any troopers. She didn't have a cloak, she had no protection against prying eyes. The girl pushes past people with a mumbled "Scuse' me."

She turned into an alley that led to a grassy field, one that looked endless. She crouched down in the grasses as a squad of five troopers marched past the alley. The sun had just set, leaving all that were seeking light in the dark. The girl lay down and shivered, the cold of night setting in. She curled into a tight ball, trying to conserve body heat. She soon fell asleep, her breathing leveling out.

A man approached in a dark cloak. Looking down at the sleeping figure. He seemed to bow his head and close his eyes, just barely reaching out to the girl. He nodded to himself and picked the girl up.

Rei POV--

"So, that's how Master Bridger found me." I smiled lightly. I turned to Caleb. He had his chin on his hand, deep in thought.

"Master," I started, but Caleb cut me off.

"Kanan. Just Kanan. Or Spectre 1. Not Master, too many memories." He looked at me gravely. I ducked my head as a silent yes, but at the same time wondering why he changed his name.

"Kanan, do you think I could continue my training?" I asked. "I only trained with Master Bridger in tiny snippets..." I trailed off, looking at my old master. His eyes brightened a bit.

"Maybe, but there is that kid," He was stumped for a moment.

"Ezra? You should mentor him. He is very strong with the force, I can feel it."

Sorry, I just write really short chapters. REALLY short chapters.

Spectre 7, Out.