Chapter One

I would like to give a speacial Thanks to my friend AngelofMusicForever for the wonderful cover!!

   Tonight is family night. My family and I put aside time each Sunday to spend quality time with each other.

During the week, their busy lives consist of work and business while I myself, have tons of homework to finish.

I would say my life is perfect, but then I would be lying through my teeth.

My name is Cooper Daniels, I am an only child. I wasn't supposed to always stay an only child though.

Five years ago, my mother became pregnant and I could finally hope that I would soon have a baby brother or sister.

Unfortunately, my mom suffered a miscarriage when she was 3 months pregnant.

When we heard that news my family was shaken to its core. We were never the same again.

I had never seen my mom so distraught, she stayed in bed for week crying.

Watching movies together on Sundays was what bought us all together.

Nine months later, things have finally gotten somewhat back to normal. My mom and dad spend a little more time going out on date nights and enjoying each other's company.

Now, we learned that life can be taken away from us in a blink of an eye. So, we have chosen to cherish the moments that really matter to us.

Now, I am searching for a movie for us to watch together.

When I came across Heaven is For Real, I popped it in the dvd player.

It came back out and I wiped it off with my shirt to clean any marks or possible scratches, then placed it back in.

As soon as I sat down and got comfortable on the couch, my mom called out to me.

"Cooper! What do you want on your burger dear?" She asked from the kitchen.

"I'll have some cheese, mustard and pretty much everything in the fridge." I said rubbing my stomach and licking my lips at the thought of the big juicy burger he was about to devour.

"This is not burger king, you can't have it your way. Since, you want all that, you can come make your own burger," she laughed while grabbing her and my dad's plate.

I shook my head at my mom, thinking she shouldn't have asked if she didn't really want to know. After all, I am a growing boy, I have to eat at least every hour.

"Oh, you picked my favorite movie, you know its kind of a tear jerker," my mom said as soon as I took a seat between her and my dad.

"You could've pressed play," my dad said giving me a play nuggie as he took the liberty of getting up to start the movie.

I voraciously tore into my burger and took a long gulp of my orange gatorade.

We sat there and watched the movie in silence, until I heard sniffling and looked over to see a few tears coming out the corner of my mom's eyes.

I just held her hand, because I knew she must've been thinking about my little brother when she saw the little boy in the movie.

"It's ok mom, he's still right here in our hearts." I said trying to cheer her up.

Apparently, I was making it worst, because she started crying harder.

My dad gestured for me to switch places with him and he held my mom in his arms rubbing her arm up and down, trying to comfort her.

Dang, I shouldn't have picked this movie, I thought to myself. I hadn't thought of how my mom would feel when seeing it.

Why can't I do anything right? What is wrong with me?

Sometimes, I feel like I should have died instead of my brother, but then again it could probably be the same way.

"Cooper," my dad shook my shoulder. "You alright son?" He asked looking at me with concern visible on his face.

"I'm fine," I lied shaking out of my negative thoughts. That's what I say when I don't want to explain what's going on in my mind.

Truth is, I am not fine. I hate walking around like everything is ok, when in reality I'm falling apart inside.

Honestly, I have been a victim of being bullied ever since middle school. There were kids at my school that constantly teased me.

One guy pants'd me the other day, I was beyond humiliated.

I felt like the four walls were crashing down all around me as the room seemed to be spinning.

Kids just stood around me staring at the commotion. I was their latest target. No one tried to help or stop what was going on.

One thing I am good at, is hiding how I really feel from my parents. I don't want them to worry over me.

So, I just smile my problems away. My mom calls me her little soldier. I don't let anything shake me and I tend to be the glue that holds everything together.

When the movie was over, I said goodnight to my parents. Hugging my mom and waving my dad off as he ruffled my hair up.

I went to the bathroom and took a hot shower. Trying to scrub all the sadness away, trying to get clean.

Grabbing some clean clothes, I hung them on the back of my doorknob to wear when morning rolls around.

I was dreading going to school tomorrow, because I was really getting to my breaking point.

The pain just hurts too much and I don't see the point of facing life anymore.