VII - "We need to talk." 𝓱𝓮 said

"He... he loves me? Wh-what? Since... when?"

Mew is known to always follow his heart over his mind. However, when it comes to love, ever since getting publicly rejected by him, Mew had built a wall around his heart and had started to use his mind instead. He guards his heart for he is afraid of having to go through another heartbreak.

Truth be told, if he had not guarded his heart the way he has been doing for the past year, he would have fallen for his co-star, Gulf Kanawut a long time ago. But because he was pretty adamant on guarding his heart, he had blatantly acted as if he wasn't aware of his co-star's feelings towards him. He had an inkling that Gulf liked him but he did not know the extent of Gulf's feelings.

Throughout their event, Mew often found himself drifting into his thoughts. He was able to successfully provide fan-service but there were a few times the MC had to call him twice to gain his attention.

"Wait, Nong. We need to talk." Feeling his wrist being grasped from behind, he didn't have to turn around to find out who had held him back. He knew there's no way Mew would let this matter drop, which is why he had just nodded his head and replied with a soft "Khrub".

"Mae, Khun Mae, I'll be driving with Gulf na. There are some things we'd like to talk about. Khun Mae, it's already pretty late, is it okay with you if Gulf stays over at my condo today? Just for today. I'll send him back to his condo tomorrow." Mew politely asked Mama Kanawut for her permission. He needed to talk with Gulf. But to him, respecting the elders always comes first. Thus why he had asked permission from Mama Kanawut before bringing the Nong home.

Mama Kanawut was sceptical. Mew had never once wanted to drive her son back home from an event, what more a sleepover. But she trusted Mew. She had given her permission and hopes that whatever there is between Mew and her son would be resolved. She knew from the very beginning her son might have had feelings for Mew. A mother just knows. She too knows of Mew's experience with love. As a mother, though not of Mew's, she could tell that poor boy was guarding his heart. Knowing that both of their sons might be discussing something serious, both Mama Kanawut and Mama Suppasit wishes for the best.

Having been granted permission, Mew sighed in relief. Both Mew and Gulf waited for their mothers to leave the venue before they made their way to Mew's car.

Author's Note

— italics: Mew's thoughts