Russia 2189

"Pepper, that was amazing," Revenge said, in awe of his future self.

Pepper shrugged. "If he'd taken Figment's time machine, then we wouldn't be able to save Frank," he said. "I...I can't imagine living without him."

Figment was quiet for a moment, carefully surveying their surroundings. They were in a warehouse in a small, nearly abandoned town, and they were alone. Still, he couldn't take his hand off of the time machine just yet, not until they were sure that Billie hadn't followed them.

As it turned out, his instincts were right. At that very moment, the building caught on fire, and when the four Gerards ran for the door, Billie was there. They didn't have much of a choice. They could burn alive, or they could let Billie arrest them. Either way, there was no saving Frank now, unless Figment could get them out of there before they all died in the fire.

Figment typed furiously, but Youngblood worried that it might not be enough. The fire was still raging, and for a moment, he was certain that he would die in this place. He thought of his last breath, his body turning to ashes, how he would be here, alone, with no one to mourn him.

Figment pressed the last button, and they escaped at the last possible second. The flames kept coming, but the four Gerards were gone.