Chapter - 1

She could hear the whispers behind her as she passed by but she decided to ignore it. Not even a day had passed by and yet, being Steve Rogers' girlfriend had already caused two or three girls to openly throw a glare her way.

Sure, she had heard that Rogers would pose as a model for some magazines, but she did not understand all the fuss about it anyway.

"Is this true?"

Natasha was shocked to find Bucky Barnes directly standing in front of her with his arms crossed and his face as cool as an ice, not betraying anything he felt.

Once again, Natasha is left wondering what kind of things would be going around in his head. Sometimes, he would just approach her and said 'hi' and sometimes, he would just ignore her all together which sometimes would last around a week or two. Then, he would flirt with her and make her blush like a first grader experiencing her first crush.

He even went as far as confronting Clint whether she liked him or not. And Clint of course, gave her away again.

But the thing about Bucky Barnes is that he is such a confusing human being, who would always keep you hanging and waiting and yet, the feelings he had awakened deep inside you would keep on increasing even though he decided to just push you away every now and then.

She mostly compared him with one of the those romantic angsty story she used to read in high school which awakened your deepest feelings - desire, fear, vulnerability and mostly the hurt that went along with all those emotions - and made your heart clenched painfully and yet, still felt somehow strangely content.

Yes, being in love with Bucky Barnes was hurting her.

It hurts deep inside whenever he flirts with another girl even though he used to act as if he was interested in her.

She did not know him at all.

Then she blinked, confused by his sudden confrontation and also, deeply aware of the fact that he had just stormed inside the hall where Professor Nick would soon take a lecture.

"Is what true?"

She did not understand why he had acted as if he was deeply offended by her question. He lets out a humourless laugh as he shook his head. "You really got me there, Romanoff." She cringed when he stressed on her last name.

What is wrong with him?

"... acting as if you're some innocent goody goody. Then out of nowhere, you're Steve's girlfriend." He sneered out the last word, acting as if it was offending him.

She just blinked at him, then realization dawned on her.

She was Steve Rogers' girlfriend!

She bit her tongue, not really knowing how to explain the situation.

And also because of the fact that she never could really hold a conversation with Bucky Barnes.

"Um, yeah, right. About that... you see, Steve and I, we, uh... we've yet to share a conversation, I think."

He just gave her an incredulous look and she bit her lip nervously, not knowing how to ease the tension between them.

"So, you're saying that it's true?" He pressed on, his tone a little bit softer than before. And she just nodded her confirmation.

"Uh, I guess so, yeah. But you see, Steve and I, we don't really... see each other. I mean, this relationship is really, really new."

He just clenched his jaw harder, his eyebrows drawn together in a dark frown and Natasha just squirmed further under his stare. "So, it's true then."