1.1 chapter one ✔️

CHAPTER ONEFRENCH COURT"know better then to bark up my tree"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER ONE
FRENCH COURT
"know better then to bark up my tree"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

Aurora hated France.

Maybe it was the endless obsession with fancy things and pompous lifestyles that the people of the French court had, or maybe it was just the plain looking castle. Sure, it was all big and fancy, but it made Aurora want to gauge her eyes out. If it was up to her, she would tear the lavishly detailed drapes off the windows, and instead opt for something much more simplistic. The glitz and glamour of it all just wasn't for her. And quite frankly, it made her nauseous to even look at.

What appeared to be ever green plains of France stretched miles upon miles in the horizon, stretched too far for the simple eye to even visualise. Adorned with flowers of all shapes and shades, the plains lined with trees just as green at the very edges allowed for each individual to admire. Like a beautifully framed painting. France was beautiful all year round, but there was something about the soft whispers of the breeze tickling the leaves on the trees, or the birds joyfully chirping up in the blue which signalled lighter days to come. It was enough for one's stomach to flutter with anticipation of what was to come. Yes, Aurora hated France for numerous, but there was no denying how overwhelmingly charming the countryside could be— especially this time of year.

The Stuart girl sat restlessly inside of the royal carriage, allowing her cerulean eyes to drift to her surroundings mindlessly. The soft yet rhythmic sound of hooves and wheels crunching against the gravelled roads allowed for her to slip into a never ending daydream. One where she was a place entirely different from here. Having been ripped from her motherland as a young girl had evidently left a dent on her heart, but mayhap she could find comfort in the many gifts and beauties of this foreign country. Doubtful, but possible. Spending her time held captive at the convent south of the capital had been like actual physical torture. Not because it literally was, but because lingering around painfully boring company for any period of time was enough for the unconventional princess to want to tie herself to a boulder and jump into the deepest parts of the vast ocean in order to escape the hellish life.

In this very moment, the untameable princess was trapped in a corset. The clan of nuns had divided the challenging task between them— while two of them wilfully held her back, two others used all of their core strength in order to tighten the corset as much as humanely possible around her waist. Or inhumanly. . . Either way, Aurora's organs were packed into her unnaturally squished waist in the name of fashion. A yell of protest as well as several strings of complains had fallen from her perfectly plump lips, but none of which held any real meaning. As much as the red headed beauty swore that she'd dedicate her future to collecting and burning every corset present in the godforsaken country, she had no choice but to accept the evil contraption. But she finally drew the line when the same bunch of nuns gathered around to tug and pull at her wilds curls. Her hair was a huge part of who she was, and much like herself, her hair wouldn't bend in the ways of society. So much was made clear when she fought the nuns off and the several hair ties used to capture stray strands of hair snapped in the matter of short minutes, leading them all to give up on the cause. They decided having her dressed up and pampered with both perfume and makeup would have to do. Besides, there laid an underlying allure to her natural hair cascading down her back.