CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVESOMBER BOAT TRIPS"said you're going through a phase"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER TWELVE
SOMBER BOAT TRIPS
"said you're going through a phase"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     After the rather heated conversation with Sebastian, Aurora had managed to cool down a bit. Though she would have loved to blame it all on that intense dance with the Portuguese man, there was no denying that Sebastian had played a part in getting her all heated up.

     She hadn't change her dress like she had originally planned, just altered part of her look. She dropped some of the jewelry that was making her feel claustrophobic. Then she had made sure to get some help loosening her incredibly tight corset. Her tummy wasn't made to be tucked in, that's for sure. She had also managed to grab something to keep warm. France was not the warmest country, especially at night. And as they were going to be out on the lake all night, she figured she would dress warm for the occasion.

     Aurora had planned to locate her sister so that the pair could walk down to the lake together, but the older Stuart sister was nowhere to be found. The best guess was that she was Francis, but after watching her being swept up in a dance with Tómas, Aurora was not too sure.

     In complete honesty, Aurora thought her sister deserved better than Francis. For obvious reasons. . .

     The red head had also failed to find any of Mary's ladies. They had probably all headed down already. Before Aurora did so herself, she snuck into the kitchen, planning on grabbing a snack. She was starved. Fortunately for her, she bumped into a tall blonde servant leaving the kitchen.

     "Hey!" Aurora called after him. The boy stopped in his tracks, edging around to look at the princess with wide eyes. Aurora let her eyes scan him quickly. He was noticeably handsome, she noticed.

     "Are you talking to me?" He stuttered, pointing a finger at himself.

     Aurora chuckled, approaching him. "Well, do you see anyone else here?" He shook his head. "Very well, I'm talking to you then. Could you be a dear and help me out with something?"

     "Yes, of course, erm, your highness?" The last part sounded like a question leaving his mouth. The Scot arched a brow.

     "You can call me Aurora." Your highness didn't exactly fit the girl.

     "Okay then, Aurora. What can I help you with?"

Aurora opened her mouth to answer, but quickly shut it when a familiar blonde girl caught her eye behind the servant. She narrowed her eyebrows, making a move to push him aside to investigate further. Unfortunately for her, the boy blocked her view quickly.

Aurora looked up at him in shock. "Who are you hiding?" She questioned, accusing eyes locked at him. He failed to answer, which fueled Aurora's curiosity. "Move aside." She ordered.

"I can not do that." He awkwardly answered. Aurora's brows shot up in suprise. He was a bold one for sure. But Aurora was bolder.

"You know that you are going to have to move, right? Either you let me in, or you will be letting the entire court inside to see your dirty little secret." His mouth fell slightly agape. Reluctantly, he stepped aside, letting the red head inside.

"Thank you." Aurora slipped into the kitchen, suprise washing over her when she was suddenly stood face to face with none other than Greer. The last infront of her wore a just as shocked facial expression.

"Aurora!" Greer got to her feet, dusting off her dress quickly, her hands wiping underneath her face. Her eye were red and the areas around wet. It was obvious she had been crying. Greer's lips were a burning shade of red. Aurora shot a look at the boy once again, realizing his lips were a matching shade. They had been kissing, she realized.

"Well, I guess it is safe to assume you no longer remain unkissed as this morning?" Aurora joked, looking between the two. Greer felt her cheeks flare red, something that only pushed a grin on Aurora's face.

"Aurora you can not tell anyone, please." Greer was almost on her knees begging the princess. Aurora simply chuckled.

"Greer, we are friends are we not? Obviously I am not going to tell anyone. But if I were you, I would be careful. The next time you might not be as lucky about who exposes you." Aurora said, Greer's shoulders sinking in relief.

"Trust me." She laughed. "There will certainly not be a next time."

Aurora arched a brow at her friend. The girl couldn't help but to smirk at her blonde friend, pointing at the servant. "Are you certain? Did not Nostradamus predict that you would be falling for someone with a white mark on their face? That is a flour stain on his cheek, no?" Greer's mouth fell open at the sight. Quickly she grabbed a cloth, harshly wiping the stain off his face.

"There. Now, we must be heading down to the boats. I am sure the others are expecting us." Greer didn't waste any time grabbing the red head, tugging her out of the kitchen in a rush. Aurora waved at the boy, grinning from ear to ear.

"Stop staring!" Greer whisper yelled.

"What? He is cute." Aurora laughed back, letting Greer drag her down to the boats.

Speaking of cute guys, Aurora failed to notice the blue eyes that had been attatched to her from the very moment she arrived down by the lake. Sebastian was clenching a bottle of wine, having already had a great deal to drink of it. Usually he wasn't the biggest drinker, but tonight was different. His feelings were all over the place, and small amounts of alchohol was great at keeping those feelings at bay. Sadly, he had crossed the line of a small amount over to a larger amount of alchohol. That had the opposite effect on him.

Which was probably why he found himself approaching the princess at a fast pace. Just as he was about to call her name to get her attention, someone stepping infront of him, beating him to it.

Sebastian let a string of curse words fall from his mouth as he watched the same handsome stranger from before seductively smile at Aurora. They exchanged a few words before he swept her away over to one of the available boats. Damn it, Sebastian thought, watching the two.

Groaning, he decided to retreat back to the castle in a somber mood. What he didn't pick up on, was Aurora's eyes locked on him as he staggered away. She couldn't help the smile on her face watching him, but a hint of worry ate at her when she realized the state he was in. But she remained seated next to the man, simply watching him go.

word count; 1223
a/n

chapter twelve out! i'm feeling very relieved that i'm back in the groove. also, thank u guys so much for the response and attention you pay this book, it is highly appreciated. what do you guys think of aurora? are you fans of her or no? i'd love to hear you guys' different opinions! do you guys prefer slow burn books and what's you're favorite trope? mines definitely a slow burn w enemies to lovers trope. hope u guys enjoyed the chapter.

Follow|Vote|Comment