CHAPTER FOURTEEN

CHAPTER FOURTEENJEALOUSY SUITS YOU"don't call me selfish i ain't sharing"˚✧₊⁎*⁎⁺˳✧༚

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
JEALOUSY SUITS YOU
"don't call me selfish i ain't sharing"
˚✧₊*⁎⁺˳✧༚

     The sounds of hooves hitting the ground failed to reach Aurora's ears. She was too focused. Maybe she was in panic, or simply in a shocked state of mind, but her only thoughts at the moment was to navigate her way back to the castle as fast as possible. The only sounds that actually reached her ears was the heavy breaths escaping her mouth, her heart beating violently beating in her chest and the painful ringing in her ears.

     It had all happened so quickly. Sebastian and Aurora had tried to be as fast as they possible could be, scarcely exchanging any words. They had to have been waiting for them. Somehow they must've known where they were heading. They being the English. At least that's who Aurora thought they were. Let's just say, she didn't stop to ask.

     Aurora and Sebastian had been ambushed. Sebastian had pulled his sword, trying his best to defend himself. However, he wasn't worried about getting hurt. He was worried about Aurora getting hurt. Which is why he had been swinging at the enemy, trying to appear as threatening as possible. After Aurora had come down from the shock, she had pulled her bow out. Sure, she was good at it, but Aurora had never used it for anything other than shooting at a target, maybe even hunting. Aurora, despite being somewhat odd compared to others, was still a princess.

     The men had been caught by suprise when they saw Aurora. They had expected only Bash to ride out. Truthfully, they didn't care. It actually worked in their favor. How much of a warning wouldn't it be to both Mary and the entirety of Scotland if they slaughtered their princess? And they wouldn't mind doing it either.

     With shaky hands and a panicked feeling she had desperately tried shooting arrows. Most of them missed, which appear to only fuel the men attacking them to continue. Somehow they had managed to knock Bash off his horse, which lead to the horse taking off. Luckily, it managed to trample two men in the process. But that still left two more for them to fight off.

Aurora was petrified by what she saw next. The way they sliced Bash's stomach with the sword, making blood gush out. Aurora had never seen a wound this bad. How could she have? She had always been safe and comfortable behind castle walls. Or hidden away in a convent.

Aurora wasn't sure how, but right now it didn't matter. She had managed to pull sebastian ontop of her own horse. Aurora made sure to secure him before taking off, escaping from the English.

Dawn was breaking when Aurora could finally see the castle in the distance. It motivated her to go even faster. She could hear a few groans coming from Sebastian. Her hand instinctively found his cheek, softly caressing is as the horse hurried. "You're going to be okay." She assured, though she wasn't sure if she was trying to convince him or herself of that.