Little Talks

3rd Person POV

The sun shone bright on the Curtis household one early morning, and Darry was already busy making eggs for the litter of greaser kids that resided there.

It was a warm summer Sunday, and little did Darry know, Soda, Pony, and Y/N were planning themselves a little outing.

All three of them came out of their respective rooms, drowsy and heavy lidded from a full night's rest, to come eat the scrambled eggs that their eldest brother made and get ready for the day. Eager to leave the house, they scarfed down their meals as quickly as possible in order to get a head start on their little adventure.

Just as they all were about to leave the house, Darry stopped them dead in their tracks.

"Now what do you three think you're doing? You're supposed to tell me when you're going somewhere." He inquired sternly. His voice could strike fear into the hearts of a thousand men, and Pony and Y/N were definitely frightened, but not Soda.

"Lay off Dar, we were just gonna go pick up the other guys and hang out at the DX for a bit. No big deal." Soda replied. He was usually the one to reason with Darry, since he had his trust and was more confident than the other two.

"With your sister? No way. You know how rowdy those boys are. I don't wanna take any chances."

"Darry, Its fine. Were here, and of anything starts, I'll stop it just as soon, OK?" Soda reassured.

Darry looked down at his feet, contemplating whether he should allow this or not, and finally deciding that it was ok.

"Okay, but if I find out that anyone, ESPECIALLY that Dallas Winston, so much as lays a hand on that girl, the both of you are dead, got it?"

The boys nodded, before finally taking off, Y/N right behind them, before she was stopped by a hand on her shoulder. 

"Be safe, okay angel? I can't have anything happen to you." Darry said softly to her. "Okay, I promise." she responded, before taking off after the boys.

"Ready sis?" Soda said to her as soon as she caught up.

"More than ready. I don't think I could have stood to be trapped in the house one moment more."

They kept walking until they reached the lot, where they found Johnny and Dally sitting together. 

"Hey Johnny boy look who it is! Looks like ol' Darrel finally let angel out of the house!" dally remarked as the three approached. 

"Y/N!" Johnny exclaimed, pulling her into a hug, "I'm glad he let you out, I missed you." 

Y/N giggled, pulling away slightly to see his face. "Johnny, you saw me just last night at my house."

"Yeah, but I can't go long without seeing you, you know that." he replied, laughing slightly

"Ahem, sorry to break up the lovebirds, but we gotta get to the DX to meet Steve and Two." Soda Interjected, getting slightly finicky.

The frail boy and Curtis girl broke their embrace, flush faced and embarrassed from the comment of the latter's twin. They all began their trip to the DX, with Y/N and Johnny making small but comfortable conversation, and Dallas jeering at them the whole time.

Despite all this teasing, they both loved little talks like this.